chapter 31.

Rhea  Knight

Rhea Knight

I was freezing my ass off.

Even bundled up in triple layers as I walked up the steps to the manor, the cold still managed to deep it's way deep into my bones.

I quickly shuffled into the house thankful for the warmth that greeted me.

Anthonie immediately rounded the corner, his jacket and beanie on while he approached me, ready to go out and fetch the bags from out of the trunk.

"Well don't you look all cute bundled up," he teased as he pulled on the lapels of my jacket and tugged me towards him.

Before I could respond he smashed his lips onto mine sending a rush of heat throughout my body and vanishing the cold.

"How was it?" Anthonie breathed as he pulled away.

His hands gripped my face as he held his forehead to mine, staring down at me patiently.

"It was great," I say as I hold onto his wrist tightly.

"Yeah," he nodded. A small triumphant smile curling on his lips.

"Mhmm," I hum as he begins to rub my cheeks in circular motions with his thumb." Thank you for setting it up, I think it was what I needed to be able to move forward with him."

Anthonie nods his head before pressing his lips to my forehead. My eyes squeeze shut tightly as I close the space between us. A soft sigh left my lips as his body heat sept into my bones.

"He seems like he cares, Rhea. You don't know how much you'll regret it if he died before you could fix or form a relationship with him." Anthonie sighed into my beanie as I frowned.

This was probably one of the few times he's mentioned or insinuated his parents in a conversation. I only knew a little about the situation but not the full story.

"You never talk about them," I whisper into his chest as he takes a deep breath.

"And for good reason, I'll tell you about it later okay." his voice held promise as I ran my thumb along his jawline, nodding my head in acceptance to his answer."But right now it's family time and you need to get out of these layers."

Anthonie pressed one last kiss just above my brow bone before he pulled away.

I watched as he moved around me and opened the door, a strong wind pushing inside of the house in the process.

I walked towards the stairs and down the familiar hallway that led to his room. Taking off my uggs, I set them by the side of the bedroom door for easy access throughout the week.

Keeping on my socks, I take off my jacket and the sweater that was on under it. The bedroom door opens a few seconds later and Anthonie walks in with our bags in each hand.