chapter 36.

Rhea Knight:

Rhea Knight:

" We're having a baby!" Karma and Alessio announce as shock covers everyone's features.

" Oh my goodness!" Alessa jumped up from her seat and jumped into Karma's lap. " I'm so happy for you guys!" Her words are muffled as she covers her face into Alessio's shoulders.

Alex joins in on the hug, creating a small dog pile between the four as Anthonie helps me up from the couch.

I didn't find out until recently about Karma's struggles with fertility. She confided in me that she was able to conceive by herself but it wouldn't be an easy journey. I just didn't know that she was looking into other options at the moment.

Alex and Alessa removed themselves from on top of Karma, giving us a chance to congratulate them.

" I'm so happy for you." I smile as tears pool in my eyes. "Our kids are going to grow up to the best of friends." She nods in agreement as I pull her close, well as close as we can get to a hug.

The atmosphere in the room was filled with excitement and joy for Karma and Alessio. The news made our Christmas celebration much better because Karma confided in us girls that she thought Alessio would hold some resentment towards her for not being able to have children as easily as others.

After all of us telling her that the thought was complete and utter bull-shit, she began to feel much better. Especially since she knew that the man was madly in love with her. I think that with all the pregnancy announcements and babies being born, she was just a little scared that he was second guessing being with her.

But that wasn't true in the slightest form. The way Alessio looked at Karma was like she was his oxygen and lifeline to live. Karma was everything to him, flaws and all. And I could understand why she felt the way she did. Most women who suffered fertility issues felt the same.

But at this moment, the smile on her face told me that those thoughts were long gone.

She took her place back into his lap with her hand clutching Alessio's face as she ducked down to give him a kiss. He smiled into the kiss, squeezing her sides as she giggled.

They were truly happy with each other.

" They are so cute." I sigh as I curl into Anthonie's side. He wraps his arms around my shoulder, careful not to spill the hot chocolate in my palms.

" We're cuter," he says, ducking down to press a wet kiss to my forehead.

I poke the sides of his rib cage as he chuckles." It's not a competition, Anthonie." I scold him as eyes twinkle with amusement, the moonlight cascaded through the curtains right behind me making them seem bluer than they normally are.

" Fine, fine," he sighs in defeat." It's not a competition."

Smiling, I lean over and lay a big fat kiss to his lips. Being the greedy man that he is, he decides to grip my neck and go the extra mile by prolonging the kiss. He only pulled away when he felt a tap on his thigh.