Chapter 1 ⚫A new friend⚫

Percy's POV

The crowd rose to a deafening applause as I entered the stage. I waved and twirled a bit as I got to the seats. The crowd applauded even harder. "Perseus Jackson everyone!" Hermes, my host for the evening shouted. I took a seat and the questions began.

"So, Percy, putting aside your upcoming film A world of lies, how's life? And let's all congratulate our young Percy here on welcoming a new baby sister! Estelle isn't it?" I nodded. "Yes, and any...news you wanted to share?" Hermes said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I knew they were talking about my love life.

What can I say? I'm just so smart.

"Um...I don't have anyone right now." I said, twiddling my fingers in my lap. And this time I wasn't even lying. The last time these sneaky reporters found out about my previous relationship- Well it wasn't pretty.

"Hm..." Hermes said clearly disappointed. I quietly let out a sigh of relief. We continued the evening talking about my upcoming film and other projects I might take on in the future. The audience, which consisted mostly of fangirls (I seem to have a lot of those. I wonder why *wink wink*) was very responsive. And by responsive I mean squealing, throwing flowers and very often, trying to break in. In short it was very chaotic.

When the interview ended, I was rushed out the door and into my limo.

"You did great man!" Grover, my manager and best friend said. People think he's always so uptight and strict all the time, but he has to continue that charade to balance my "recklessness" as he calls it. I'm not reckless. It was just ONE time I got drunk and walked out of the hotel, narrowly missed a car and screamed some choice words at a telephone pole. Okay so maybe I am a bit reckless.

"To your hotel sir?" the driver asked. "No. I want to roam around a bit. Drop me at the park please." I replied. I needed to clear my head for a while. Find a place to think.

I looked out the window and smiled. I always had a special connection with New York. I don't know why, it just felt peaceful to me. Even with all the traffic, pollution and crazy old women honking their cars for no reason, I felt like this was my home. And I would always belong here, no matter what.

We arrived at the park and I thanked the driver and set out. I was just walking around, looking at the kids playing make- believe Vikings (Greek heroes were so much cooler) when I saw a girl sitting at a bench, on her phone. She looked cool. I decided to talk to her. She didn't look like the type of girl who would throw themselves on a famous actor they happened to find in a park.

I walked over to her "Hi." I said shyly. Okay now you're probably like 'Percy! You're a world famous actor! Why are you shy around girls?' But hey, cut me some slack, I'm still a 18 year old boy whose only been in one relationship that ended in disaster. OF COURSE I'M NERVOUS AROUND GIRLS!

The girl looked up and my brain took a turn and ran down the street. She was way too much to take in. Her eyes were multiple colors and her hair was choppy and tied into braids at the front. (A/N BET YOU WERENT EXPECTING THAT!) She was wearing a casual blue strap shirt and shorts but managed to make it look fashionable. She was very beautiful but I could already tell I wont feel for her that way.

And I felt like I had seen her before somewhere...

I shrugged it off and looked back at the girl. Her mouth was hanging open and her eyes were wide. "Pe-Percy? Percy Jackson?" She asked clearly astonished.

"Yep." I gave my infamous lopsided grin. "The one and only." She got up and laughed and put her hand out. "Do you remember me? I'm Piper. Piper McLean."

A/N: HEY Y'ALL! Thanks for making it this far before leaving this fanfic, you must really enjoy my trash. Well anyways, I update every Monday, and every Friday, but the system isn't very reliable yet. Well, stay tuned for the next chapter! And these characters don't belong to me, they belong to the amazing Rick Riordan!

Unclerickdabest, out.