Chapter 18 ⚫Heartbreak and healing⚫

This chapter is almost entirely based on a FRIENDS episode I had the good luck to watch even though I'm underage.

Annabeth's POV: (I know y'all tired of her but please have patience our idiot's pov will come soon)

When I came downstairs, everyone was silent. They all sat, still as statues as I nervously came up behind Thalia and sat.

Piper clicked the play button and I put my knee up against my chest.

In the video

I was pacing back and forth "Where is he?!" I cried. Piper comforted me, rubbing my shoulders. "It's okay Annie, it's not a prank. I'm sure he's just stuck in traffic or something..." Piper then trailed off, looking at Jason, who are holding the camera.

Then an idea seemed to come to Piper. She gestured to Jason to follow her and came up to Percy who was dejectedly sitting on the couch, eating ice cream. "You." Piper said. Percy looked up, scared

"What did I do?".

Piper rolled her eyes. "Arent you supposed to be at Montauk?"

Percy nodded. "Yeah. But my mom was REALLY tired and it's pretty dark so we thought that we'd just go in the morning."

Piper nodded and everyone could see she really didn't care. "Yes, whatever. Now, go up and get dressed, can you take Annabeth to the autumn dance?"

I sat up a bit straighter. What was Piper doing?

Percy looked at Piper with a horrified expression "No! Brad's Annabeth's date! Not me. Plus," He added glumly "I don't think Annabeth would want to go with me" Percy glanced at the camera.

I looked at Percy. He was getting up and going to the stairs. Frank stopped him with a stern glare. Even Frank had his moments sometimes.

Piper shook her head. "Let me rephrase. You WILL take Annabeth to the dance." Then she shout whispered at him "Besides, don't you want to dance with her? Kiss her?" Percy turned red.

Then he looked in the distance. The camera turned and I saw he was looking at me pacing back and forth.

Then he sighed and said "Alright. I'll go. But just for her." He warned.

Jason handed the camera to Piper and clapped Percy on the back "That's my man! Now go! Run! Get dressed!"

Percy's face lit up like Christmas and he bounded up the stairs, smiling gleefully.

I covered my mouth and shook my head, knowing what was about to happen.

A few moments later, Percy ran back down the stairs, straightening his red tie and adjusting his wig. He looked really good. Like REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Piper came down beside Percy and said "Annabeth! Your knight in shining armour has arri-"

Then she stopped short when she saw the hallway. Percy's face hardened into rock. I swore I could see a glint of a tear back there.

I was in the hallway, laughing and hugging Brad, oblivious to Percy standing behind me. "You're such an idiot." I teasingly said. Brad then smiled and took my arm and lead me out of the house.

"Jason, cut the camera." I could hear Piper's voice, clear and expressionless.

"Jason, the camera!" She said again.

"JASON CUT THE DAMN CAM-"

The video stopped, but just before I heard Percy mutter "Bye, Wisegirl."

The screen went black.

Everyone's hands were at their mouths. Frank hung his head and shook it. Hazel had tears in her eyes.

Slowly, I got up and walked over to the stairs. I stood face to face with Percy. He gulped.

I took his face in my hands and kissed him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Percy stumbled back in surprise. But then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in, closer.

I could hear everyone cheering and whistling in the back.

I glanced up at Percy then whispered in his ear "I need to talk to you."

Percy looked down at me, confused, then slowly nodded. Pulling me upstairs to his bedroom.

Leo wolf whistled. I gave him the finger.

We went up and Percy closed the door behind him. He sat on the bed beside me. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. I looked up at him, tears in my eyes. "I'm so sorry Percy." I whispered.

Percy pulled me in for a hug and I sobbed into his tshirt. "Hey! Hey, Beth, it's alright. It's okay." He squirmed nervously. I pulled back and sniffed, chuckling "You're really nervous around crying girls huh?" I wiped a tear.

"I am! Like, I don't know what to do!"

I laughed and Percy smiled wider. I pulled him in for another kiss. I mean, who could resist that cute seal face?!

But we both were tired, and I was drunk. I decided to do something really, really stupid, but something I knew I wont regret later.

Let's just say, we took it to the next level.

A/N I hope that compensated for all the suffering I caused everyone. Sorry not sorry. Now, please whoever put me in jail, GET ME OUT.

Unclerickdabest, out.