Chapter 17 ⚫At the Dance⚫

Annabeth's POV:

I sighed an leaned my head back in Brad's front seat. He was about 30 minutes late and apologised for 5 minutes straight before I laughed and hugged him, then reminded him that we needed to be at the dance.

"We're here." Brad smiled at me. He got up and walked to the other side of the car and opened my door. I laughed. He was such a gentleman.

As soon as I got out of the car, I gasped. "It's beautiful!" There were four trees with orange, yellow and red leaves forming a courtyard, with fairy lights strung between them. There were lamps beside tables covered with white cloth, serving a variety of food and a dj, blasting some music while people laughed and danced on the floor. It wasn't at all like the typical 'High school out of control' party that I expected.

Reyna came up behind me, Thalia in tow. She had a proud expression on her face "I knew that adding the lamps was a good idea! The fairy light weren't nearly enough!"

I smiled at her as Thalia tugged Reyna to the food table. Beside me Brad cleared his throat as a slow song came on. He shyly smiled "D-Do you wanna dance?" I giggled. He looked like he was about to sweat through his suit.

"Of course." I said and looped his arm through mine.

We walked onto the dance floor where countless other couples were laughing and dancing, twirling around.

Brad twirled me and then pulled me in close. So close I could feel his breath on my face. I awkwardly leaned back a bit. We continued dancing and laughing and after an hour we decided to eat.

I laughed as Brad told one of his corny jokes and poured my self some punch. I downed the whole glass and that's when I realised something was wrong. The punch was bitter and it burned like fire on my tongue, my throat. I felt like I was going to vomit. The punch was spiked. And it was spiked HARD.

"STOLLS!! AND YOU, VALDEZ." I yelled as Leo came to the table to grab some tacos. Leo stuttered.

"Wha-what di- did I d-do?" He glanced at my cup then realised.

"Ohhh the punch was spiked! Dam, I wish I did that." Then he looked at my face and hastily added "No...that's bad. Very bad indeed."

Calypso came behind Leo and looped her arm through his "Besides he wouldn't even have had the time to do it." She beamed. "He was with me."

I drunkenly grinned. It was about time they got together. Brad tugged on my arm. "Hey...Beth I think we should go. I have something to show you." I used a fraction of my left energy to nod. What did Brad have in mind?

________________________________________________________________________________

"And here we areee I'm the bad guyyyyyyy

Anddd youuu're America'sssss... Sweethearttttt"

I sung. Well more like yelled. I was walking, swinging my legs around. Brad laughed behind me then cringed. "Annabeth! Look at that." I looked at where he was pointing and winced.

It was an ugly house and I could tell whoever designed this tried too hard. "Did they really have to add 4 pillars?" I said, wincing again.

"I know! And the proximity of the door to that pillar...and THE PANELING IS HORRIBLE." Brad looked at the house like it would grow two eyes.

"I knowww." Then I glanced at my left hand. "BRAD! SOMEONE STOLE MY WATCH!" Brad chuckled and pointed to my right hand "Uh wrong hand." I looked at my watch and sighed "I'm never leaving you alone again, watch."

Brad nervously laughed and put his arm around me. "I think we should get you home. You've drank too much."

"No! I wanna go to Percy's."

Brad frowned. "Who's Percy?"

"Did I say Percy? I mean Perry. All my friends said that they'd meet there."

"Ok. I'm DEFINITELY not letting you walk there and my car is back at the dance, so I'll just call you an Uber."

Moments later I was at Percy's house. Well a couple blocks behind it anyway, I figured that the cab driver would have some questions if I requested to go to a superstar's house.

I stumbled to Percy's house, yelling The Hanging Tree from The Hunger Games. Dark times.

I opened the door and sashayed inside. Everyone was sitting around in their pjs, talking frantically.

When they saw me, they all breathed a sigh of relief. Hazel rushed up to me and hugged me. Then she clenched my shoulders. "ANNABETH MINERVA CHASE, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! IT'S ABOUT MIDNIGHT AND YOU DIDN'T INFORM US AND WE WERE WORRIED OUT OF OUR MINDS AND WE-"

I sluggishly grinned at her "Take a chill pill Hazey I was with Brad." I could see Percy in the background clench his jaw.

"But you two left the dance hours ago! And you sound...drunk?" Piper protested. Everyone gasped. Percy's eyes snapped to me. "Annabeth. What did you do?" He said in a stern voice.

Leo sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "The punch at the dance was spiked. Like, spiked HARD. Brad left with Annabeth after she got drunk...Annabeth, what did you two do?" Everyone looked at me expectantly. Percy couldn't meet my eyes.

"We just walked around, talked on random architecture and he took me to dinner. It was gooooooood. Or rather, goode" I giggled.

Everyone glanced at each other and Piper cleared her throat. "Annabeth you should go get changed. I brought some clothes for you. I think that we should see the videos from earlier this evening."

Percy's head snapped up "I don't think that's a good idea..." He nervously laughed.

Jason stared at him back "Actually it's a great idea."

And going up to Percy's room to change, I could still hear them bickering down below.

A/N I love the amount of power I have. Honestly, I could type a chapter and crush all your fangirl dreams. :)

Unclerickdabest, out.