Chapter 34 ⚫Memories bring back you⚫

Percy's Pov:

"Fucking shit." I cursed as we pulled into the school driveway.

There was a horde of reporters and journalists standing outside the school gates, waiting for my arrival. I'd yeeted the wig and eye contacts out the window since I couldn't use those anymore, and now I was really regretting my decision.

I stood up and forced a stoic expression on my face. Suddenly, there were flashes of light as cameras flashed and I grabbed Annabeth's hand and our bags, getting out of the car and forcing my way through to the front door.

"Ouch. Sorry. Out of the way. Excuse me. Sir, please no touching, it's making me uncomfortable."

Mics were thrusted into my face and the paparazzi asked questions rapid fire, but they got lost in the river of noise that now flowed outside Goode High. I managed to shimmy up the stairs, tripping a little more than thrice, and turned to face the crowd "Please, everyone leave. I'm sure this isn't creating a healthy study environme- Fuck it." 

They want to play? Lets play.

"I'm counting to three!" I bellowed, trying incredibly hard not to do my amazing Darth Vader voice.

"If even ONE of you are still here by the time I get to three, you'll regret the day you met me." I could see Annabeth trying to keep a straight face beside me and I nudged her to shut up.

"ONE!"

The reporters and journalists clambered into their vans and began to pack up their stuff, panicked expressions on their face.

"TWO!"

A few idiots looked around, confused. Seeing their colleagues so terrified, they ran back to their van and jumped in.

"THREE!"

The vans moved out, leaving just the students of Goode High staring at me in shock and ecstasy. 

If the parents could do it, I could do it too. Except I was making the press go away from my High School instead of trying to get my kid to eat his broccoli.

There was silence.

Then Annabeth snorted. "Well that was fun to watch."

I huffed in exhaustion, "Let's go."

We slung our backpacks over our shoulders, just as the group came over.

"AND WATER BOY ARRIVES!" Leo said, spreading his arms wide. "Come at me bro."

I gave Leo a manly side hug, and then fist bumped everybody. "I still can't believe you revealed your identity." Piper said, an awed edge to her voice. I shrugged, wrapping an arm around Annabeth's shoulders and pulling her into my side. "I love Annabeth. And love can make us do stupid things." Annabeth laughed. "And the fact that you have ADHD and tend to make impulsive decisions might also be a contributing factor."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Luke strolling towards us, laughing with Thalia. He caught Annabeth's eye and waved her over. Annabeth whispered in my ear, "One second," and jogged over to Luke, hugging him, and then Thalia. I felt an unwanted lump of discontentment rise.

"Hey Luke."

"Hi Beth." He tucked her hair behind her ear. "So, we're still on for tonight right?" Luke raised an eyebrow.

Annabeth grinned. "Of course!"

No. NO. I was NOT going to be the jealous boyfriend

Hazel frowned. "Where are you two going?"