Chapter 39 ⚫R.E.D.⚫

[The picture above is just ❤️, by the way it's currently November in the fanfic. Enjoy!]

Percy POV

I unlocked the trunk of the car and took out two bags filled with clothes and toiletries. Me and Annabeth had packed two emergency bags of our stuff and put it in both our cars in case something happened, and it seemed that the idea paid off.

I handed Annabeth one of the bags and climbed up the stairs to the door. I lifted a side of a plant pot and took out a gleaming silver key from underneath it. Annabeth raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes.

"Works, doesn't it?" I grinned, unlocking and swinging the door open. The familiar scent of the cabin hit me and I sighed in bliss.

"Wow." Annabeth breathed, marveling at the interior.

There was a small kitchen with a dining table, a living room with a sofa, a couch, a fireplace and a window that gave a perfect view of the coastline racing across the never ending ocean. After Dad died, me and Mom abandoned the place because it reminded us too much of him, but after a couple years when Paul came along, I got the place fixed up and we came here at least once a month.

My stomach grumbled in agony and Annabeth checked the time. "It's about 5:30, I should probably make us some dinner." I nodded, "There are some spaghetti noodles in the top right cupboard by the window, and the fridge is fully stocked. Mom and Paul just came a few days ago." I shrugged.

Annabeth nodded and dropped the bag she was carrying to the floor. Then she rushed into the kitchen, as if she couldn't stand to be a moment closer to me.

I opened my mouth to speak but snapped it back shut, sighing and lugging the baggage into the room.

I plopped down at the dining table as Annabeth put down two steaming plates of pesto pasta onto the table. My mouth watered. Food made by Annabeth had never looked so good. Not to brag, but I think I'm the better cook of the two of us. Please don't tell her I said that, I want to live.

Live, like the birds do in the vast open-

Okay, getting off track but you get my point.

My phone beeped and Annabeth's eyes slowly trailed up to the screen. Her eyes widened. Before I could take it away, she snatched the phone up and unlocking it, read the message. Her lips parted in shock and her face turned to absolute despair.

"Percy..." She whispered. "You're leaving?"

I gulped and cracked my knuckles nervously. "I- I uh I'm sorry but the shoot for 'Red Revenge' is going to start, didn't you see it all over social media?"

She took a deep breath and took her head in her hands. Thunder snapped outside the window and the cabin slightly shook. The fire continued crackling. 

"I did, but I tho-thought there was still time for you to leave. And now, barely two months into our relationship, you're going to be off in Europe and you'll be kissing another girl on set, and then you'll meet fans, and you'll meet a girl, and I'll be all alone here and then you won't return for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and maybe not even Estelle's birth. Then our first Valentine's day will be gone, and- " Annabeth rambled on, biting her thumbnail and her eyes flickered around.

"Hey, hey! I rushed forward and cupped her face. "We're staying together." I promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."

Annabeth's gaze softened and her head tilted slightly to the left.

"Besides, I'm just going there to receive and review the script, then familiarize myself with the set and the cast. I'll leave the day after tomorrow and be back the day after Thanksgiving."

Annabeth hesitated then nodded. "Of course." She smiled.

"And..." I squirmed uneasily in my seat. "About me kissing another actress on set...It's Rachel Dare, I think since she'll be playing the female protagonist. And- And I get it if you're uneasy with her but I feel-"

Annabeth cut me off, "Percy! I'm sorry about that, it just slipped out in the heat of the moment. But, I am okay with you kissing her. It's nothing. I knew this was going to happen when I decided to date an actor, and it's perfectly fine!"

I sighed, "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

She leaned in and pulled me in by my shirt's collar and gave me a slow and sweet kiss. After a few seconds, she pulled away. "We should eat now, the food's getting cold." She blinked the drowsy look out of her eyes.

I grinned, glad I could still make her feel the way she makes me feel.

Looks like this honeymoon phase would last for life.

A/N I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS 810 WORD CRAPPY CHAPTER, BUT BEAR WITH ME! Also, this is the second last chapter of this book! I originally planned on having more of the plot in this book but it would stretch for too long, so I'm splitting the book into two. Just one more chapter after this then the sequel begins from February 1st if we're lucky.

Lots of love and hugs,

Unclerickdabest, out.