Chapter 30 ⚫Singing Shoutouts⚫

Annabeth's POV:

I shuffled through the crowd with Piper, Hazel, Calypso and Silena, my new friend. She'd done my measurements for the concert and I took a liking to her, and shortly after I realized that she studied at Goode too.

We took our seats as the last of the students filed in. Without meaning to, my eyes scanned over the room to find that familiar mop of fake brown hair, to see him standing in front of the stage, laughing and smiling with a pretty brunette girl, Emily, I remembered with a frown. She was one of the Plastics at school, no one called them the 'Barbies' because unlike barbies, these girls didn't have a couple thousand jobs and IQ of Einstien apparently.

She twirled her hair around her finger, and Percy occasionally reached out to tuck a strand of air behind her ear, laughing at whatever they were talking about. Was she the one he talked about falling in love with? The back of my mind said. I shook my head, I don't care. I told that little voice. Ya sure? It said again. I stayed silent. Was I sure though?

I dunno, why you asking me? The back of my mind replied. I sighed and took my head in my hands. It was official. I was going crazy.

Once, he caught me looking at him and winked at me, the flirtatious smile still plastered onto his face.

I looked away, furious, burning with anger and jealousy. How could he do this? A day after we broke up? Maybe he wasn't the boy I thought he was. I won't be surprised I caught him making out with Emily after school finishes today, I thought. Or maybe, he's trying to make you jealous? The back of my mind answered, but that was absurd.

I frowned and then decided something. I walked down the steps to where a teacher was standing, a notepad in her hands. "Good morning ma'am. I'm sorry for the late registration but may I participate in the Singing Shoutouts as well?" I batted my eyelashes. She sighed and scribbled my name on her notepad "Of course." She smiled warmly at me. I thanked her and began to walk back to my seats when I saw Luke, fiddling nervously in his seat.

I sighed, walking up to the next row and behind his seat. I rubbed gentle circles in the side of his head, smoothing over his hair and sliding down his neck. "Better?" I whispered in his ear. He turned around to face me, and smiled gratefully. "So much." He whispered back. I caught Percy staring at us, anger and jealousy burning in his eyes. Good.

He squirmed uneasily "You know what to do right?"

I bent back down and kissed his cheek, ruffling his hair. "How could I forget?" I whispered in his ear.

He leaned back in his seat, a troubled expression on his face. "I don't know what to do, Annabeth. Will she forgive me? I messed up big, Beth, I-" I clamped a hand over his mouth and huffed. "Would you shut up for a moment? There's no reason for her to forgive you if you did nothing wrong, Luke. You both would be together, and happy. That's the end."

He smiled at me and jokingly sent me a flying kiss. I caught it and pretended to faint. We both laughed, and ruffling his hair again, I walked back up to my seat, still feeling Percy's angry gaze burning into me.

X~X

I put a comforting arm around Piper, who was watching Jason and Leo joke around a couple of rows ahead of us.

"How could he be so happy?" She whispered.

Silena shrugged "I don't know, maybe he's playing the hard to get card, because you broke up with him?"

Piper shook her head sadly "But he cheated on me" She sobbed, tears in her eyes. "I never thought that in a hundred lifetimes, he'd do that." She whispered.