Chapter 3 ⚫Bonding⚫

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Percy's POV

Dam.

This was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw Annabeth. When I saw her, I forgot my name, who I was, even Piper standing beside me. It was just her and me. Those stormy grey eyes pierced into my soul and seemed to draw out every bit of me, and her hair, her gorgeous honey blonde hair, falling down to her waist-

In other words I really hoped she was single.

The evening passed by and I observed each one of them, especially Annabeth. Within a second I saw that Frank and Hazel finally had gotten together! And Piper and Jason were together too. Hey no matter what they tell you I'm pretty observant.

Slowly as we laughed and talked and drunk coffee, I grew closer to these people and I could see they became more comfortable with me too. Soon it was 8pm and we all got up, ready to leave.

Frank came for the bill but I snatched it away. "Hey!" He complained. I smiled "No, this is on me." They protested and we ended up splitting the bill. Jason put his arm around piper and they headed to their apartment building. Frank and Hazel followed along with Leo, who barely reached Frank's shoulder. People who didn't know him must have guessed his mother dated a latino elf.

Soon it was just me and Annabeth. We went up to the roof, where we dangled our feet from. Annabeth sighed. I looked more closely at her. She was dressed in a white sweater that loosely fitted her, black tight pants and boots. She had her hair pulled up into a high ponytail with a few strands framing her face and minimal makeup.

She looked breathtakingly beautiful

She looked breathtakingly beautiful. I didn't realize I was staring and then it hit me. I liked her. Not only because of how beautiful she was, but because of how intelligent she was, because of the way she laughed at my corny jokes, the way she her eyebrows scrunched up in worry when I told her about my abusing ex-step-father. I had told her everything the moment I sat down, because I knew she would listen, and somehow I knew I would see her again, and keep seeing her.

It was love at first sight.

But then I remembered what had happened with my previous relationship and how it broke me, tore my heart. I couldn't let what happened to her happen to Annabeth. I pushed my thoughts away.

"It's just a crush, she probably doesn't even like me back"

"What?" Annabeth asked snorting. My face turned red. I didn't realize I had said it out loud.

"Nothing."

"Alright then..." She didn't sound convinced.

"Annabeth?"

"Yeah?"

I hesitated and sighed. This talk will be for next time.

"Which...which high school will you and the gang go to tomorrow?" We had our senior year at high school left, then prom and then college. I was ready to get the heck outta that place.

"Oh! I uh I'll to Goode. Goode High. You?" She asked with a kind of hopeful tone. I smiled to myself.

I lied. "I'll go to Goode too!" I was supposed to go to one of the best schools of NY, with a disguise in place, but I could pull some strings.

"Great!" She said enthusiastically.

I realized how close we were. We both had leaned in. I could feel her coffee breath on my face. I slowly leaned away. Annabeth blushed and looked down, embarrassed.

I couldn't let what happened a year ago happen to her. It was just a silly little crush, a fling. I didn't feel much for her, after all I just knew her a day!

"I...I should go..." Annabeth said quickly, grabbing her purse.

"An- Annabeth wait!" I shouted after her but she had already disappeared.

I walked to my mum's house, (putting my hood on my face to avoid attention) where I stayed whenever I was in NY,  now that I think about it I don't have my own house, since I'm always travelling, and I slowly began to smile  I went to sleep that night with that smile on. And I was sure Annabeth did too.

A/N: HEY Y'ALL! Phew! That was kinda a long chapter! I do short chapters so you guys don't get bored or get a headache :) I know I'm so considerate yeah yeah. So who is this previous love of Percy's and what happened to her? Will Percy face that his Instant Love for Annabeth is more than just a crush? Does Annabeth like him back? Welp, stay tuned for the next chapter and I hope you enjoyed the cute Percabeth bonding :)

AND 70 FLIPPING READS?! THAT'S INSANE I DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT TO MAKE IT PAST 10 READS!!

FYI: I make these outfits collages on Canva, And I'll be including them as much as possible!

And these characters don't belong to me, they belong to the Marvelous Uncle Rick!

Unclerickdabest, out.