Chapter 16 ⚫Fight⚫

Percy's POV:

I smiled as the girls ran around, panicked, trying to find their date in the mess of all their makeup and hair...whatever girls use.

Everyone got ready at my house, because I insisted on meeting them all before I left for Montauk, and everyone else left for the dance.

Annabeth came from my room, in which she was getting ready, and she looked stunning in her dress. I gulped. I could have been the one taking her to the dance. But it was this shady Brad guy.

I sighed and went to get a drink. This was going to be a long night.

 This was going to be a long night

Annabeth's  POV:

Annabeth's POV:

I sighed and restlessly tapped my foot on the floor. Brad was supposed to pick me up 15 minutes ago. I was really worried that this might be some sort of elaborate prank. Meanwhile, Piper and Jason went around, filming everybody for memories.

I walked into the kitchen to get a root beer from the fridge to refresh before the party.

"Hello my lo- wisegirl." He nervously scratched the back of his neck realizing what he was about to say. "What can I get you?"

"Just rootbeer please." With difficulty, I hopped on the kitchen island and Percy handed me the drink.

We drank in silence as Percy made eggs for his mom who was resting before the long hours of travelling.

"So you're going with Brad?" I was surprised by the sudden question.

"Yeah." I was so nervous to answer, that only a squeak escaped my throat.

"To be honest, I wish it was you." I took another swing of the root beer.

Percy sighed "I wish that too. But I really want to spend sometime with my mom."

Again akward silence filled the room.

"P- Pipes told me that a lot of guys asked you out. Why Brad?" He asked, not removing his eyes from the pan.

"Well, he's just so much like me. He loves architecture and honestly, I could spend days talking to him about the Parthenon and we both just love English and Maths and his sparkling blue eye-" I stopped short when I saw Percy. He clenched his jaw hard and his fist balled up, ready to punch someone. "I- Yeah, he's pretty cool." I tried to improvise. It didn't work.

"Mhmm" I could hear the sadness and anger as he spoke that one sound.

He served the eggs on the plate and called for Paul. He came and picked them up. Paul looked between me and Percy as if he knew the tension between us was thick enough to be cut with a knife.

"Annabeth.....I am sorry but I- I don't trust this Brad guy."

I was shocked. I hopped down from the kitchen island and faced him straight. Grey against Green.

"Why don't you trust him?" I tried to keep my voice from breaking.

"I don't know, he just seems untrustworthy. As if he's trying to steal you."

I stepped closer to him. "Steal me from whom?"

Percy looked down and moistened his lips. "I don't know." He muttered.

I harshly tilted his chin to look back up at me. "Steal me? From you?"

"Even after yesterday night, you were too much of a coward to ask me out, Jackson. I waited for you, turned down boys because I hoped that you'd ask me out, and then at the last minute you say that you cant come. And now toy think Brad is trying to steal me from you?! WHY CANT YOU JUST LET ME BE HAPPY?!" I yelled. Anger fumed in my vains. I slammed my drink on the counter.

"Annabeth I didn't mean it li-"

"THEN WHAT DID YOU MEAN?!" My voice got higher by the second.

"I don't want you to get hurt, I care for you." His voice sounded genuine, his eyes refused to meet mine.

"The only person hurting me right now is you! And if you cared for me, you would be happy for me."

With that I walked out of the kitchen and plopped onto the couch beside Thalia. I fought back the tears. How could he do this?

I didn't want Percy. I hope he has fun.

A/N MUAHAHAHAH I LOVE SUFFERING!!! Oh dear gods I am turning into Uncle Rick.

Unclerickdabest, out. (grabs blue coke on the way)