Chapter 40 ⚫Bella Ciao⚫

[In case anyone was wondering, the title means 'Goodbye Beautiful' and it's an Italian song produced during the Renaissance.]

Annabeth's POV

I rang the doorbell to Percy's house, tapping my foot against the pavement. A crash sounded from Percy's bedroom and I frowned. What was he doing?  Mere seconds later, Sally opened the door.

Her face split into a wide grin that melted my insides, "Annabeth!" She exclaimed, clearly relieved and embraced me in a hug. If only my own mother was like that. But at least she tries?

She pulled away and grabbed my shoulders, "Thank goodness you're here!" She began pulling me by my arm and led me inside. "Is everything alright?" I asked skeptically, not sure if someone died or Percy managed to set the kitchen on fire...again.

"Aside from the fact that Percy is horrible at packing, yes." She replied. I groaned, "What is he doing, his plane leaves in less than 4 hours?! And I thought he was good at packing, with having to travel so often."

Sally rolled her eyes, "Oh, dear, I wish. But he either calls Grover or I have to help him. I'd have helped him now, but I can't exercise myself too much, due to my...condition. " She looked down at her enormous belly. "All of this is for you, Estelle. But if you grow up to be a horrible packer like your brother, I'm handing you over to Paul." She sighed.

I laughed. Maybe I could be like that one day with my and Percy's ch- STOP IT, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!

She went into her room to prepare her hospital bag as I climbed upstairs to Percy's room. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside to see him shirtless, swinging two suitcases up and down, comparing them.

Before he could cause any havoc, I rushed inside and laughed, taking one suitcase from him. He didn't take his eyes off the enormous pile of clothes sitting on his bed. "Hi Annabeth." Percy said glumly.

I rolled my eyes, setting the suitcase on the bed and beginning to pile clothes into it. I made room for the toiletries and put a bag filled with shoes inside while Percy stared in awe. Finally, I flipped the suitcase over and zipped it up.

Blowing a strand of hair out of my face, I grinned triumphantly. "Done." I checked my watch. "And in 4 minutes too."

Percy looked from the suitcase to me, an awed expression on his face. "How did you do that?" He asked, his eyes the size of moons.

I leaned against the suitcase and smiled, trying not to laugh, "It isn't rocket science, Seaweed Brain." He scoffed and muttered, "I bet you'll find Rocket Science easy."

I laughed and kissed him. We stayed like that for a while until Percy's alarm broke us apart. "Shit." He cursed and kissed my forehead, grabbing a black t-shirt off the bed and putting it on. He grabbed a jacket and put it on. I zipped it up, rolling my eyes. "You might want to carry a sweater on you. Italy is freezing right now."

Percy nodded and grabbed a sweater from his closet, putting it in his carry bag. "You're dropping me off at the airport right?" He raised an eyebrow. I nodded, "Yep. Come on let's go, your flight leaves in a few hours."

Percy frowned, "My flight's in 3 hours."

I huffed, "Yeah, but with the disease outbreak you have to get tested first. And the results will take an hour or so."

Percy groaned, "Stupid virus."

[Percy and Annabeth look into camera like they're on the Office.]

"Anyway, let's go. You can go say bye to Sally and Paul first." I said, carrying the suitcase down the stairs. I lugged the baggage into the trunk of the car as Percy came down wearing sunglasses and his wig. I raised an eyebrow as we both settled into our seats.

Percy shrugged pulling his seatbelt on, "This visit in unannounced. I don't want any unnecessary drama."

I nodded as I set off, driving my boyfriend to the J.F.K. Airport for his one week stay in Italy. Fun.

Percy's POV

I cast one more look at Annabeth as I walked inside the airport doors.

From there, everything was a haze. I bustled through the crowd, trying to keep my hair and sunglasses from falling off. That came out wrong.

I went into a small room where someone poked a stick up my nose and down my throat. It didn't hurt, but it made me sneeze for a whole minute.

I waited an hour, during which I went to the Duty Free and got loads of cool stuff like a Led Zeppelin t-shirt! Who knew Duty Free sold Led Zeppelin t-shirts?! Also, I got a bunch of adult stuff like chocolates, wine, watches, gifts for friends and family and a perfume for Annabeth (If she wore that, boy would I be near her every second of the day.)

I recieved the test report, and thankfully it was negative. After that, I did the baggage check, then after getting my visa and passport checked, then going through security I boarded the plane!

I entered my pod in the first class section and my jaw dropped. I mean, I had flown first class before but this was magnificent. My seat was a recliner which propped up a leg rest at the flick of a button. There was a television with Netflix open in front of me (Guess who was going to re-watch Red Notice) and a table filled with several drinks.

These are going to be the best 3 hours of my life.

As I took my wig and sunglasses off, the door clicked and swung open to reveal a girl about my age with frizzy red hair and sunglasses.

Well fuck.

Her mouth fell open and then spilt into a wide smile, "Are you Percy Jackson?"

I fumbled with my sunglasses and put them on upside down, "No, I'm Perry Johnson." I said in a Swedish accent.

She snorted and took her sunglasses off, "It's me! Rachel!"

I frowned, "Who, from FRIEN- Oh no, it's Rachel Dare!" I said awkwardly, getting up to hug her. 

She snickered as we parted, "I'm sorry, I thought this was my pod, It's probably the one beside yours." I nodded, "You live in Manhattan too?" She shook her head, "No, Brooklyn. My dad is an..." She coughed.

I frowned, "Sorry I didn't catch-"

"OKAY, SEE YOU IN ITALY, BYE!" She took off and I heard the clicking of a door and a slam. 

Wasn't that fun.

I looked out the window and sighed as the flight instructions began to boom over the speaker. I nestled my head in the pillow (WOW I HAVE A PILLOW!) and sighed in content as I looked at the descending line of the island of New York.

Bye Mom, Paul, Estelle, see you all soon.

Bye, friends.

Bye, school I really hate.

And lastly, to Annabeth...Bella ciao.

SEE Y'ALL IN A WEEK! ITALIAN PIZZA WILL GIVE ME LIFE!

A/N Italian pizza won't bring Percy life. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS COMING TO AN END 😭😭 This is the last chapter of this book. I can't believe it.

I love you all, for all the support you've given me through this book and I hope you stay for the journey beyond ❤️

Unclerickdabest, out.