Chapter 33 ⚫Loving her⚫

[A/N: This is a long chapter. And by long, I mean, LONG long. But ╰(*°▽°*)╯PERCABETH╰(*°▽°*)╯ Imma keep this short so the word count don't go 🌋]

Percy's POV:

I shut the door behind me. "MOM, PAUL, I'M HOME!"

I scurried to my bedroom, ready to collapse on my bed after the events of today, when I opened the door to see Annabeth sitting on the floor, cross legged and reading a book, leaning against the bed. A couple thousand dollars couch, chairs and bed, and she sits on the floor.

"Annabeth?" I asked in disbelief.

She looked up from her book and smiled. Then, she tossed it onto the bed and ran over to give me a hug. I buried my face in the crook of her neck, the lemony scent from her tied up hair covering the foul smell of blood from earlier. I squeezed her firmly and then started to let go because I thought she was getting choked, only to have her hug me tighter.

We broke apart and she crossed her arms and frowned. Even angry, she was cute. "Perseus Jackson, where have you been?! I've been worried sick! No note, bed empty when I got here today, and to top it all of, you didn't respond to any of my calls and texts! You really stressed me Percy." Her expression became softer.

I felt horrible. I should have atleast sent her a text that I wont be available for the day before I galivanted to kill someone brutally.

"I'm sorry Wise Girl, it won't happen again." I kissed the top of her head. "How was your mom's house?"

She grinned brightly. "Amazing." She sighed wistfully. "It's this HUGE mansion like, a long drive from Goode, so I have had to wake up early, but it's worth it because all the roads are deserted, and it had a beautiful white gilded gate, that led to the lawns and this fountain with the statue of Athena, the goddess, not my mom, and the mansion's exterior was made of Jurassic Limestone, the same stone used in the Buckingham Palace, by the way, and there were carvings in the stone, depicting scenes from Ancient Greece, and the interior-"

I laughed, cutting off her rant. "The house seems cool, but what about your mom?"

She shrugged. "She was cool. So, anyway, inside, there is this chandelier that-"

I chuckled, leaning against the armrest on the velvet sofa, the colour similar to the chairs at the prison, and pulled her onto my lap. "We can talk about the architecture later, Owl Head, tell me about your mom."

She sighed. "The only reason she wanted me to live with her was because I'll be inheriting her company. She wants to...what do we call it? Polish me. She said she'd take me clothes shopping tomorrow, and then we'll work on my etiquette."

I frowned. "Like the Princess Diaries?"

She looked up at me. "You watched that?"

"Yeah..." I turned red.

She laughed and shoved my shoulder. "Exactly like the Princess Diaries. Except my mom is more like the Grandmere in the books, cruel and devilishly smart." I chuckled.

She smiled at me and then frowned , tracing her thumb on my cheek. "You look tired Percy." She mumbled. I shook my head and and buried my head in her chest. 

"It was a long day." Going to prisons , "Going to meet the director for my new movie," Climbing steep hills, "Driving across town to get to his house," Don't forget, chucking knives into my enemy's gut , "Going to the gym for my workout."

I have a major in lying.

She sighed. "You need to stop straining yourself so much Percy. With the stress of being a Hollywood Star, the media, school and taking care of family, one day you're going to exert yourself."