Chapter 12⚫A new song⚫

Percy's POV:

I sat on the beanbag in my music room, dejected. I'd just been rejected. (A/N Hey that rhymed!) I wanted someone to wipe out my memory, erase the moment I made a complete fool of myself.

My phone rang. I sighed and picked it up. It was Grover.

"Hey man!" I said, trying to sound upbeat.

"Hey Perce." He sighed.

I frowned "What's wrong?"

"The media wants something new. They havent heard from you since the interview with Hermes and they're going crazy. A lot of the fans are saying you're leaving this industry. They're demanding a new film or a song maybe."

"WHAT?! Cant a man take a break?! And anyways, I cant just start a film and give it to them the next day! I-I'll have to write a song." My songwriting skills were probably a bit rusty now, and I needed some inspiration first, but I could write one by day after tomorrow.

"Tell the media that they're going to get a song and keep them on their toes. I'll probably be up all night writing it. Prep the recording studio."

Grover cheered up and cut the call. I sighed and put my head in my hands. I clenched my hair and groaned in frustration. Why is life so hard? Why cant I just live like everyone else? Sometimes I felt like I was falling. This was an habit of mine. Whenever I got angry or frustrated, I felt like I was falling. And I kept falling. Into the dark pits below.

I sighed and walked over to my guitar and mic. I strummed a chord. What could I write a song about? Annabeth My mind responded. No I shook my head. I wont serenade her. Not after the way she broke my heart. But then an idea popped into my mind, a tune.

I would write a song about Annabeth, but not the serenading kind.

I grabbed a paper and pen and began jotting down the lyrics.

Next day; 3:00 pm

I ran my hand through my hair and walked out of the recording studio. We'd finished recording my new song. I smiled. The media will definitely like it.

Jason came up behind me and clapped my back "Bro! That was AMAZING."

I chuckled "Thanks man." Jason had been there outside the glass, intently listening to my song. But I didn't know that Jason had taken a video of me singing. And how it would change my life.

I said good bye to Jason and drove back home. After a couple stops, buying furniture and wallpapers and paint for Estelle's nursery, (That was the worst job to give me, it took me about 3 hours to buy everything because I didn't know what a synthetic paint brush was, and the difference between beige and ivory white)

Finally, at 6:30 pm I walked through the door carrying about 7 bags. "Mom, Paul, I'm home!"

My mom walked out into the hallway, her eyes sparkling like they never had before. "Percy, you have a guest."

I frowned. "Who-?"

But then Annabeth walked in from my parents' room in a stunning red dress with a small slit up the side, her hair in a intricate bun and some makeup on her face. She had a black purse with a golden chain and matching black heels and had a nervous expression on her face. She looked really good.

"Hi Percy." She smiled, her eyes glittering. My mom looked at me with approval. "So, Seaweed Brain, will you go out for dinner with me?"

A/N CLIFF HANGYYYYYY!

AND HERE'S PERCY'S HOUSE!