Chapter 38 ⚫Light to his dark⚫

[A lot of foreshadowing in this chapter ψ(`∇')ψ  And, this chapter was not proofread but I will do that later so excuse any error]

Percy's POV

I moved about the room swiftly, drawing red crosses on the "guards" who were in fact Ares's men. I had secretly tipped off the police about the break that would occur today and the wailing of the siren that had begun to sound from the exit told me that they had arrived. OH THANK GODS.

I quickly ran to a corner of the room and from a satchel...fine, no, a man-purse, drew a blonde wig and some spectacles. Quickly pulling them on, I turned my coat inside out to reveal its brown interior and gabbing the man-purse, I walked over to the exit. Hopefully Annabeth would be there already.

Hopefully.

I looked around and caught a familiar face in the crowd. Stella waved to me and grinned in relief when she saw my unscathed face. Shuffling though the crowd, she ran to me, enveloping me in a hug and a jet of warmth shot through my body. I hugged her back, glad to have something I was sure about today; the fact that she was crushing my bones. No literally, ow.

She pulled away and checked me for injuries. "Percy there's a bruise on your shoulder." Stella murmured. I frowned, "What?! How did it get there?!" Stella's grip on my shoulder turned from gentle to rock hard she she began punching it. Repeatedly.

"WHAT. THE. FUCK. WERE. YOU. THINKING. YOU. PROLIFIC. ASSHOLE." She shouted between punches. I groaned and swooned back in pain. Hades save me. "That bruise." I said. "Got it."

She groaned in frustration. "How could you take a risk like this?!"

"I know, I know, I could have died but I marked all the guards working with Ar-"

"I WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU LEFT ANNABETH ALONE, YOU IMBECILE." She screamed at me. I winced. "She can protect hersel-" Stella placed her fingers to her temples and huffed. "I know she can but she'll go after Ares!"

"What? I warned her not to, and she's smart enough to-"

"PERCY LIS-"

"No, you listen!" I shouted, not being able to take it anymore. "All this time, you've been interrupting me, but listen about what I have to say! I love Annabeth more than life, more than anything, and you think I would give her up like that? Of course she wouldn't run after Ares and I trust her not to do it." I said, going down the steps as authorities flooded the court.

Stella pursed her lips, "Then explain why she isn't here yet." She crossed her arms.

I scoffed, "What? That's bullshit, she is right-" I looked around, there was no sight of a familiar blonde even close to the exit. "-here."

God fucking damn it, Annabeth.

Annabeth POV

"Annabeth, my dear." Ares's face spilt into a wide grin and mine did too.

Then, swinging my leg over it, I broke off a plumbing pipe half sticking out off the wall and pointed it at him. "Don't take a step closer or I'll break this over your head." I hissed.

He snorted, "What will you do, throw toilet water at me? Speaking of water, where is the Jackson boy? I thought he'd stay by his sidekick."

I tossed the pipe from my left hand to my right and in one swift motion, the conveniently jagged and cut edge was centimeters from Ares's forehead. "I'm nobody's sidekick." I said it slowly, to make sure he understood. I don't need no man to protect me.

 Ares's hand reached up to grab the pipe but I yanked it out of his reach and taking a step back, went into a fighting stance. When you watch Wonder Woman, take a few martial arts, archery and sword-fighting classes, and you learn quickly, well, you can do amazing things.