Chapter 14 ⚫Butterflies⚫

Percy's Pov:

Me and Annabeth were still laughing at how I'd gotten drunk on champagne and sung Memories to the whole place, my voice tinkling off the chandelier. I'd received an standing ovation of course but it most probably was mostly because I am a famous actor and singer. I was lucky not to be bombarded by paparazzi.

"Well here's your stop m'lady." I mimicked a British accent. Annabeth laughed at my miserable attempt.

I went to her side and opened the door, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see Fredrick from the window looking happy, which made me feel great. I pretended not to see him.

Annabeth got out of the car and stepped aside so I could close her door. We stood there a few minutes in silence but it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable silence. We both were speechless.

"I...I had a really good time today." I said, trying to start a conversation.

"Me too seaweed brain." And her smile was so bright, it lit up the world.

I leaned against the car and wrapped an arm around Annabeth. Her diamond earrings shone in the moon and it gave a shine to her velvet dress. Gods she looked like a drop dead goddess.

"Well Wise Girl how really did you change your mind about me?"

"Well...how about we keep that a mystery to solve later?" she said as she poked my nose.

"C'mon! Please!" I gave my best cute seal face to convince her. It worked. Well mostly because I am pretty cute.

"Fine, I cant resist that. Uh...well I think you should say thanks to Jason."

"Jason?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yep"

"He showed me a video of you singing America's sweetheart in the studio about me."

I grinned. America's sweetheart had just been released at 9:00 and it already was #8 in trending.

"I have to say I am flattered." Annabeth winked.

"But Jason broke the bro code! That-" Annabeth sighed and covered my mouth with her hand as a signal to not speak further.

"We've had a good night lets not ruin it." she said, removing her hand from my mouth.

I joked. "Want me to write more songs bout you?"

"Sure I would be flattered." She said jokingly, flicking back a curl from her face.

"Then maybe I will."

We both had small smiles on our faces as we stood there for a while.

"You know Percy." Annabeth said.

"Yeah?"

"You know when in the movies when people run out of things to say, they just do this."

Before I could say anything, she pressed her lips against mine. Sparks flew all around us as she kept our lips pressed together, not moving an inch. My stomach filled with butterflies.

She pulled away leaving me speechless.

"Well now I'll take your leave, I don't want Helen and dad to get too worried."

"Yeah" I squeaked.

Annabeth laughed and winked at me before turning back, her heels in her hands. I gulped.

I walked along with her, dropping her off at the doorstep.

"Goodnight Seaweed Brain."

"Goodnight Wise Girl." I whispered as Annabeth closed the door.

I went back to the car, firecrackers still exploding all over me.

_______________________

It was midnight so everyone was asleep. I grabbed a blue cookie from the kitchen and headed to my room.

I changed from my fancy clothes to an orange tank top with black sweatpants.

________________________

It's been an hour since I tried to fall asleep but I CANT! I still keep thinking about Annabeth, her stormy eyes, her wavy blonde hair falling down to her waist, her dress highlighting her soft curves.

I wanted to text Annabeth to see if she was still awake but I didn't want to ruin the peaceful night.

so I tossed and turned around, thinking about my next song.

Then the little voice in my head told me to get back to sleep so tomorrow when I see everyone, I don't end up looking like Nico. And by that I mean an emo boy with tousled black hair, bags under eyes and the constant impression that he wants to give every living organism near him the finger.

So I closed my eyes and in a few minutes I dozed off.

Annabeth's POV:

I wanted to text Percy to see if he was still awake but I didn't want to ruin the peaceful night.

So I tossed and turned around, thinking about the book I was reading.

I took out a fanfiction on Wattpad and after an hour of reading I felt sleepy.

So I closed my eyes and in a few minutes I dozed off.

A/N HOW Y'ALL LIKE THAT? Long chappie :) And the Percabeth moments were just SQUEEEEE! Welp, until next time.

Unclerickdabest, out.