Chapter 4 ⚫Another terrible day⚫

Annabeth's POV

(Yesterday night)

I ran to my house and shut the door tight. No one was home. Thank the gods. I let my hair down, running my hands through. 'Stupid stupid stupid' I scolded myself. Why didn't I lean out? He- he might not show it yet but he's still a playboy JERK who most probably craves popularity.

I know enough about these millionaires who don't give a damn about anything but themselves. My own mother is one.

But why do I like him so much then?

(Today)

"ANNABETH MINERVA CHASE!" I heard Helen shout. She stormed into my room and threw her hands up. "What did I say about leaving your boots in the doorway?" I groaned.

"Aww...I'm so sorry Helen I'll put them right away." I said getting out of bed. I checked the time. 6:00 am?!

"Helen it's just six!" I exclaimed. Helen sighed and sat down on the bed. She took her head in her hands. "I know sweetie...I'm just stressed...I want everything to be perfect for when Frederick arrives today after a month and I'm just driving myself crazy and I-"

"Hey Helen. Everything's going to be just fine." I smiled. " He's just dad after all, and I think he's more anxious to meet his wife and kids than to see the house top notch clean." Helen laughed.

"Now I am going back to sleep agai-"

"Oh no you're not! It's your first day of senior school! It's August 1! Get up and get ready, you never know who you might meet." She winked.

I groaned. "Heleeeeen! I already told you I'm not dating anyone!" She just chuckled "You're eighteen sweetheart! You should go find someone! Prom is coming up too." She suggested. I rolled my eyes.

"We'll get to that later. Right now I have to go get ready."

"Of course." She left the room and I got up and bathed. But I couldn't help not wonder about what Helen just said...and last night...Percy would be attending Goode but he was out of the picture. I don't want anything to do with him anymore. Not after the way I embarrassed myself last night. I got out of the steaming shower and put some nice clothes on. I glanced at my vanity table, where makeup was lying.

 I glanced at my vanity table, where makeup was lying

Do I need to?

(Half an hour later)

I looked at myself in the mirror. I could barely recognize myself. This girl was beautiful beyond compare and I was just...well me. But I accepted this miracle and went downstairs. I grabbed my bag, and a toast and set off to my first day of senior year.

A/N: HEY Y'ALL! Hope you enjoyed this little filler chapter :) I didn't have the heart to make Helen evil, cause in canon she's so nice! Well, in Titan's curse anyway. Does Annabeth have the guts to face Percy after what happened at the rooftop? Will she let go of her prejudices? I don't know! Welp, stay tuned for the next chapter!

And these characters don't belong to me, they belong to Rick Riordan!

Unclerickdabest, out.