Chapter 256 - 258

256

Luo Xun and the team had a bad time these days, although the base was very safe. But the torrent of zombies was heart-stopping. This zombie wave was different from the last time since the last one was only passing through. They did not know if there were people around so even if the zombies surrounded the mutant plants but found they were not human an inedible, they would not stick around.

This time the zombies were different, they knew that there were people here and did not find it difficult to breakthrough. So a large group of zombies was left behind, trying to break through the obstacles in order to eat the people inside.

How could they feel safe in either case while inside the base?

Fortunately, now everyone could finally see the light of day.

Sure enough, at ten o'clock, After moving the cameras at home to check the situation outside they could finally see the end tail of the zombie wave.

The last of the zombies had reached the line of traps and the mutant vines. They surrounded the base and began the final attack.

"Wait an hour, after 11:30, we'll start a new round of counterattacks." Luo Xun checked outside and said with a relieved smile on his face.

"Good!" All the people inside the base waved their fists with hidden excitement.

The reason for the decision to fight back after 11:30 was that Luo Xun found after long observation that they would receive satellite photos the earliest after 9:30 and the lastest around 10:40. For safety reasons, they dared not do anything large during this time at their base. In case anyone saw the photos and caused trouble.

Now their final counterattack, they could definitely not be found.

Although it would take more than an hour to start the fight, they could start preparations.

Other than those who stayed in the room to watch the outside, the rest went to grab things from one of the ice rooms.

This room was different from the others, there was no plumbing but with a large amount of ice it was a natural cooler!

Although their home had many fridges and freezers those things required energy to maintain. Plus the storage was limited, it was enough to put food and meat but after a certain amount, it was not easy to deal with.

Instead, this natural fridge was worry-free and with it in place, it could store frozen mushroom juice.

For today's defensive battle, it was not that they did not want to fight back using mushroom juice. With the zombies and mutant vines, what better natural biological weapon than this?

But they could not use it, yes they could not.

Before they dug out the circle of traps outside the base, they half-filled it with mushroom juice so their stores were eight percent depleted. If not for the zombie army arriving, they would not use their remaining stock. Although there were mushrooms growing at home, they could not accumulate a lot in a short period of time.

At this point, it was time to use it to put an end to the battle.

They transported boxes of frozen mushroom juice from the basement to the ground floor using the elevator. It did not take long for the mushroom juice to be delivered.