Chapter 221 - 225

221

Lightning flashed across the sky along the faint sound of thunder was clear in the dark. Luo Xun reacted and were ready to form shelter from the rain while the group next to the fire were also busy.

The two other men were not fleeing the rain, or waking their companions but were rolling together...

At first, Luo Xun ignored what those were doing while preparing for the rain. While waiting for Yan Fei to get on the roof, the two noticed a pair of figures moving non-stop next to the fire.

Luo Xun squinted for a while only to determine that the figures were too far away so he could not tell if they were a man and a woman or two people of the same sex. If they encountered zombies wandering around, who knew if the pair would be frightened or triggered some other situation.

Another bolt of lightning struck while they were curiously observing the group in the distance, almost completely illuminating the area. It was not long before louder thunder roared over their heads. The noise woke up the team and looked at Luo Xun and Yan Fei.

"What's the matter..." Wang Duo rubbed his eyes to sit up, blankly looking at the right. The two women also sat up from sleep.

"It's thundering outside, I'm afraid it will rain." Luo Xun explained, "Go to sleep, we have handled the roof, there should not be a problem."

Song Lingling lightly noted, "I hear the sound of thunder outside?"

"Yes, it's thundering but it has not started yet."

"Since we have so much metal, won't we get hit by lightning?"

.... ...............

Luo Xun suddenly looked at Yan Fei, who silently made a lightning rod deep in the ground.

They had placed grounding rods in various locations when they were building their base since most of the material was metal. If they had bad luck during a thunderstorm, Luo Xun was afraid the whole base would be blown up. It was just that they were in the middle of buildings had forgotten. Once Yan Fei was done with the rod, another explosion of thunder sounded waking up the rest. No other way, who let the sound be so loud?

Luo Xun temporarily did not advise everyone to continue sleeping but instead look outside the window. Not far from the fire, the situation was not good. The previous thunder woke up the car teammates and lit up the area.

Unfortunately, those people had not finished before the rain started to fall.

The raindrops were so large that each one made a loud knock on the roof. Not long after the first drop, the sound became a torrent. Even more frightening was that thunder arrived from time to time and the wind picked up. It seemed that after each rumble, the rain became denser.

"Will we be flooded with rain?" Li Tie rubbed his eyes and asked uneasily.

At this time Luo Xun also took out his computer from his bag and checked the map. "I can see if we can find where the terrain is high and low..."

They were now in the city, the urban drainage facilities could not guaranteed after the apocalypse. Now this heavy rain poured down, if their area flooded it would be a large problem.

Even if Yan Fei could completely seal the cars with metal and not let if get submerged, after a while the roads would not be easy to traverse.

"I can't find out." After a while, Luo Xun helplessly sighed. Although the map was very detailed, it did not list the altitude of the city areas. But even Luo Xun knew – the drainage in the relatively old streets was not good, the newer ones might be better.