Chapter 151 - 155

151

When he saw the men walking away, he took all the soldiers and made it clear was not prepared to show any support. Luo Xun frowned and whispered, "Will Captain Guo be in any trouble?"

Li wryly smiled and Sun Shaoyang sneered, "No trouble? After you left, Captain Guo was locked up. He was previously sent to sweep the streets and was responsible for almost all of the outside cleanup. If it wasn't for the zombie siege and needing to contact metal users, who would think of Captain Guo?"

Luo Xun's eyes widened in size. "Locked up? Sent out for base cleanup?" The soldiers sent out for that job were only one thing – cannon fodder, other than those with heavy weapons.

Zombie clean up was basically the military's job since the beginning but after a few years ordinary citizens would be called in too. Although they were given some weapons, food and water...these people were basically cannon fodder, no one could guarantee their safety!

Even now, although more experience soldiers were sent out, but they were mostly regular people without abilities. Such a team often suffered heavy losses...

"Right? I think the higher ups just want to end his life." Li's voice was cold with a stiff expression as he clung to his partner's arm.

"Just because of what happened last time?" Luo Xun's brow wrinkled. "Because the last time we went to the wall during a blizzard and one person died? They wanted to nail the captain's head to the wall?"

Sun Shaoyang spoke again. "Yes. But that's not all, it's all an excuse. Captain Guo did not want to say which higher up to follow, so they took away the metal team as a warning and then think about tossing him to death.."

Yan Fei suddenly turned to Sun Shaoyang and asked. "What about you? Are you off the team?"

Sun Shaoyang's clothes were obviously not military uniform, it was easy to see at a glance. Remembering the look on his face when he saw the officer on the bis, Yan fei guessed that the other was not part of the team.

Sun Shaoyang laughed and pointed to the tank that everyone had rode. "I had a big fight with that young master. You don't know since he became captain, he checked with other captains for how many nuclei and how long they last. He decreased the number of nuclei and the work hours were increased to six o'clock in the evening. Relying only on sleep to rest...*Tch* we aren't people to them! I only learned when I got into a fight and got fired and joined a squad – he pocketed the metal nuclei and secretly sold them!"

Luo Xun and Yan Fei suddenly understood why the logistics department suddenly had so many more metal nuclei. It was because they were being ghosted! The military gave basic priority to the members of various ability squads and the wealthy would sell them to logistics. Non military or military with the wrong nuclei could redeem afterwards.

In the past because Captain Guo was able to cheat...*cough* because of his connections, other than the small number that must be given to logistics, the rest would be given to the team. But after the change of leadership, the new captain withheld as many nuclei as possible to secretly sell...

Luo Xun laughed, "He did not think about who he could sell the metal cores to if all the metal ability users left the team?"

Li's partner helplessly shrugged his shoulders. "Even if we did not leave the team, there were not enough cores. We privately buy crystal cores so he can always get the benefits."

Captain Guo had not come back for a while. Luo Xun and the others stood in a place that did not affect the defense personnel while chatting. Sun Shaoyang joined a power squad and now lives in New Town. He was a new addition but because of his ability he was pursued by many people but in truth...if the army situation was not so bad, he actually wanted to return to his previous life.