Chapter 111 - 115

111

"Zombies picking a good target to attack...how is that possible?!"

"How could they leave the food in front of them? Don't forget how many survivors we have in this base? For monsters who only know how to eat, how could they control their instincts..."

"And not all the zombies are gone! Remember all the zombies we killed a few days ago? We only just burned all those bodies?!"

"You have already said the zombies only know how to eat people. In this case they found survivors around the fence, ready to defend so they could not leave. Even if the zombies were called they could not leave and were torn to pieces. So I think there really is something that can control their actions, don't forget their strategic actions when they attacked the walls! As for the ones left behind which we wiped out...it would not be surprising since there are always soldiers in an army unwilling to obey orders."

The room was silent again. Several pictures scattered on the table – a corner of the city runs was covered in dense black dots. People on the road would see something like an ant nest in motion. There was a tightly guarded spot in the center but it made up only a small portion.

On the last day of the three-day vacation, Luo Xun was in bed with an electric fan for the entire day. No other way, someone seemed a bit hungry, so under the clutches of the wolf, Luo Xun was bedridden for recovery.

After the holiday was over, Luo Xun and Yan Fei brought most of the assorted vegetables to the barracks canteen to sell. After renovation, a few canteens were in the same three storey building – different floors supplied different groups.

Luo Xun still handed the produce over to Captain Lee – who had risen in rank. From being only in charge of a single canteen to unified management of the merged dining halls.

Some of the workers were responsible for handling and weighing the fresh vegetables. Captain Lee lit half a cigarette before sighing. "Two days ago we had to pick up some vegetables but most of them were mutated, at least they had a little flavor? By the way, have you seen the crops in the produce building?"

Luo Xun shook his head, he had seen it during his past life, but did not have the chance to go sightseeing this time.

"They found several varieties of vegetables that grow particularly fast and in large quantities. After testing, they found no harmful substances to the human body. So those have been used to supply the canteen." Captain Lee's mouth twisted into a grimace, "The taste...is similar to what we planted on the wall edges."

When he finished, he patted Yan Fei's arm. Seeing that the captain was going towards Luo Xun, Yan Fei stepped forward.

"Your crops can't be lost now that there are fewer and fewer regular vegetables."

Luo Xun laughed, "Vegetables that aren't mutated, aren't those the ones planted into the building and watered by ability users? How could there be mutations?"

Captain Lee responded, "I heard that it's because there was a discovery of certain species that grew faster and they had not identified the cause. So they grew a large number in an area for an experiment. Those things don't taste very good, but the output is great."

Although the situation was different from his last life, the results were the same. After all there were so many people in the base and outside was not safe. In order to support the entire base population, they could only grow crops that had large yields, otherwise people would go hungry.

Otherwise, why else would the prices of normal and benign variant plants keep rising later into the apocalypse?

The couple took the crystal cores and once again rushed to the gathering place. By the time that the two got there, the captain and other members had already arrived.