Chapter 16 - 20

16

Luo Xun shoved the cup of water into Yan Fei's mouth without any gentleness or consideration for the wounded. Yan Fei wondered how he had been nursed the past two days, with such treatment how had he not choked to death?

In reality, Luo Xun had been gentle and considerate, so long as he did not face an awake Yan Fei. Seeing the man's face, Luo Xun felt that he should distance himself lest he become careless, leading to his current unusual behaviour.

There was no helping it, he was an innocent bent man! It would be strange to face this super handsome man without issue. When he was back on his feet, must make sure he moved back next door!

"What medicine did you give me?" Yan Fei only asked after he swallowed the pill.

"Anti-inflammatory drug, Yunanbaiyo." Luo Xun packed the medicine away.

"You vomited blood so I guessed you had internal injuries but no specifics. Any anti-inflammatories should have had some effect. My family's old dog ate some which helped after getting hit by a car."

Yan Fei remained silent, he was lucky to be alive. Maybe the medicine was really effective? Perhaps when Yan Fei had been shot in the gut, his broken ribs did not touch any internal organs? Or maybe ability users had an improved constitution?

His fever had passed when Luo Xun brought Yan Fei home. He just had not woken up until now.

"Eat some congee."

The man was fully awake but Luo Xun knew he could not shoo him out the door in consideration of future ammunition. He had reluctantly boiled rice porridge for him – rice was very valuable. If he could save two bags, in two years time prices would be high enough he could exchange for half a year's worth of mutated food!

"Thank you..." Yan Fei wisely avoided any questions – Luo Xun looked like he would vomit blood as he glared resentful at the spoon.

After eating a few spoonfuls, Luo Xun's resentment became unoticeable.

Yan Fei asked, "Before you said I would need to do something? What?"

Luo Xun suddenly remembered his previous words, he immediately put down the bowl and grabbed something nearby. "Can you make this?"

He revealed the crossbow arrow from his quiver.

"This?" Yan Fei arched an eyebrow, eyeing the crossbow with surprise.

During their first encounter, Luo Xun's raincoat and crossbow were quite conspicuous. In these troubled times, he must have had a good head on his shoulders to grab a weapon at the start. The lethality was less than that of a gun but safer than other cold weapons. No wonder he had saved him...

"Is there any metal?"

Luo Xun hurriedly handed over a few screws. Yan Fei took the arrow and screws which suddenly floated, suspended above his palm. With several twists and turns, an almost replica was formed.

"Is this okay?"

Luo Xun's eyes widened, he had only heard of metal abilities in his past life. However he had never seen since the ability was very rare. Most had been fire and lightning with offensive abilities or various body strengthening types.

Not to mention, regular people and ability users only mingled at the start of the apocalypse. During the middle to later time period, how would an ordinary person like Luo Xun be able to see such people except when they bought things.

The two crossbow arrows weighed about the same, the color was different, which was irrelevant since the materials differed.

Luo Xun quickly loaded the arrow and aimed at the special target mounted on the bedroom wall.