Chapter 91 - 95

91

At 12:30 the Otaku squad smoothly reached the base gate. The car drove to the door and saw a few buses parked in the spaces – their teeth were a little itchy. If not for this group of people suddenly passing though, would they not have gotten the harvest? And how did it take until now for them to reach base?

Half a month ago Zhang Yi brought back news, the base had found a relatively simple test for infected. They did not have to waste a few hours of their time every time they returned to check clothes and wait.

There was a new type of instrument that would test a little bit of blood. Because there was some fear that people who had just been infected would not react, they waited half an hour before blood tests. However, it was a lot quicker than before.

"Maybe because it's their first time in base." Yan Fei heard Luo Xun casually mutter.

There were other steps with registration the first time in a base, so a longer delay was understandable.

Luo Xun and the others yawned while waiting for half an hour. After everyone's blood had been tested and confirmed to have no infection, they drove back home in their cars.

"In fact, this blood test is not safe. Who knows if the blood test equipment has not been contaminated? What if someone got an infection?" Luo Xun was disgusted that he had to wound himself after the apocalypse.

He knew that the base would be able to test for the zombie virus without using blood, but it seemed it would take a while.

Anyway, Luo Xun remembered when he arrived at this base in his past life, there was no such blood test equipment. When was the new equipment developed? Luo Xun had no idea.

Yan Fei smoothly drove the car and said with a smile. "A lot of people are unwilling to wound themselves, would rather wait three or four hours in the waiting area. In fact if we don't rush back next time we can wait there for a while instead."

"Ah, it's getting late..." Luo Xun yawned and struggled to keep his eyes open.

After around 20 minutes the team returned to their neighborhood. Parked the car, carried some things for tomorrow upstairs with the rest left in the car. Yan Fei would completely seal the vehicles and tomorrow they would come and pick up the rest.

As for the regular meeting after each outing – rescheduled to tomorrow night.

After they climbed to the 16th floor, no one had strength to speak. All returned to their respective rooms and slept in their beds. The next day, they were not completely recovered but had to go to work.

Luo Xun was lucky, after a few days of vacation he and Yan Fei were not the only ones feeling sluggish. Other soldiers were in the same boat, the two felt completely relaxed.

Captain Guo pointed at some things to be carried with a yawn. "Give you a few days of rest and this is the result? Holidays will be cancelled next time!"

Everyone quickly raised their spirits, they had to finish today's work. The threat of losing everyone's vacation lit a fire in the team's hearts.

The deputy interceded with a flattering smile. "Wasn't this the first holiday? It's normal for everyone to be excited."

Captain Guo glared at him. "It's not their first vacation. Who would look like you guys? Get to work!"

"Yes, yes, everybody work hard!" Vice captain climbed and shouted at the crowd.

"Yes sir!" Those moving things quickly answered and the four metal users also sped up work in fear that today's efficiency would not compare to last month and people would look for trouble.