Chapter 86 - 90

86

"Yeah, Yu Xinran's ability is strong!" Song Lingling touched the little girl's head and smiled at the couple. "We also think she can come with us out of base and cooperate with Yan Fei to dig out traps. Of course, we'll teach her how to control her ability before going."

Song Lingling and Xu Mei were not ordinary women, rather than find a man on base to marry and have children, they were more willing to go out to fight for their own survival. Letting these two ferocious females raise a child...could not imagine the result.

Yan Fei nodded at the two women to support their decision. Although the girl was rather young, but children could hardly have a normal childhood during the apocalypse.

He bent down and sent the floating metal flower to Yu Xinran with a smile. "Your ability is very strong, take this flower. If you like it, uncle will make you more later."

Although Yu Xinran did not know why they were happy, she was glad that they did not hate her peculiar and useless abilities. A child's first couple of years were not very clear, so her memory started in the recent period after entering the base. Since coming to the base, life at home had become more difficult, each day harder than the last. Often there was not enough food to eat.

Plus, because of the negative emotions and attitude of her family, which was caused by her power, she had forgotten the happiness of being needed, recognized and praised. It was if her memories were actually dreams instead.

The little girl took the flower and smiled sweetly at Yan Fei.

Good looks are definitely an advantage – Luo Xun secretly complained to himself as he returned to the 16th floor after all the excitement. He wisely did not say this out loud, lest someone maliciously retaliate.

Back home, they changed out of their work clothes and returned to the living room to sit on the sofa.

There were a few bags on the tea table bulging with nuclei, glittering like crystals. These days Yan Fei had been hard at work absorbing the crystals, but he did not dare overuse, so there was still a lot.

There was a smaller bag next to the large one, which contained a small number of level two nuclei and several others that could not be absorbed.

"Just absorb in the living room?" Luo Xun looked with some apprehension at the size of the larger bag.

Yan Fei thought for a while. "Or go back and do it in the bedroom."

There were more things in the living room, plus Luo Xun and the puppy were here. In case something unexpected happened, it would be better if he was in the bedroom.

Luo Xun obviously did not follow the same train of thought as Yan Fei, but also agreed with the idea. "Right! If you don't have any energy left, you can just lie in bed and sleep!"

Exhausting mental energy also consumed one's physical strength, how could the sofa be more comfortable than the bed?

Yan Fei took the bag to the second floor. He would like to go out with Luo Xun, but he was busy with things at home. Actually Yan Fei was afraid he would accidentally injure Luo Xun.

The door closed, with one hand Yan Fei opened the bag of nuclei while the other brought metal to his hand.

Luo Xun sighed at the closed door and went downstairs. What else was there to do but house work? Thinking about it, there were a lot of tasks he needed to finish, such as transplanting the nursery seedlings. He needed some more after a number of them had mutated.

There were also some vegetables that needed a new batch of seedlings in time for the next harvest and so on...

After thinking for a moment, Luo Xun went into the nursery and began work.