Chapter 211 - 215

211

Luo Xun looked around, smiled and touched the little girl's head. "Let's rest for a while, we are not in a hurry now."

As the weather grew hotter, the whole world became lush; full of trees and weeds with the lack of human activity. The plants grew extraordinarily vigorous across the previous fields.

In the distance, many of the old buildings had been covered with creeping green vegetation. There was a sense of fantasy compared to the barren ruins from the past.

But this was reality, the survivors of the apocalypse were now accustomed to the environment. The group got out of the car and looked around. Nearby there were some kinds of flowers and grass growing. The red and yellow flowers were beautiful in bloom.

Yu Xinran drank warm water while holding Song Lingling's hand. Luo Xun also let the baby bask in the sun. They had only been inside working, this was not good for the child, so they should also stop for a breather.

The group was resting when the ground suddenly started shaking...

"Zombie...zombie wave?!" Wang Duo wildly looked around and was ready to escape back to the car.

The others were nervous, Luo Xun looked at Zhang Yi, who immediately used his power to scout the area.

However before his wind to deliver the information, Luo Xun saw what was happening...

Two huge wolves were chasing a bunch of panicked ducks were making noises. Luo Xun and the others had now seen everything.

Seemed like since the targets were stupid, the wolves had not deliberately driven the ducks towards then. Instead they had been chasing their prey all over the mountain. Whenever they tired, they would pounce and capture one. Finally the wolves grabbed their rations and ran away.

Luo Xun and party stared as the wolves left, leaving a few birds standing blankly in the field.

For a while, the team exchanged looks before Luo Xun spat out, "I also wondered where the two wolves went? It's time to hunt ducks!" Fine, the phrase was a bit strange.

Wu Xun suddenly asked, "Luo Xun, are those really wolves?"

"What?" Luo Xun was puzzled along with the others.

"I heard that only dogs would wag their tails and not wolves...their tails were moving when they were leaving right?"

"...I didn't notice."

"Maybe they were abandoned, but they were raised?"

"Maybe they are really dogs! Otherwise if they were wolves, why didn't they attack us?"

"Right, and there aren't many wild wolves!"

"Isn't the zoo nearby? What if they are from the zoo?"

The group of idle people actually spent half an hour discussing whether the two canines were wolves or dogs. Finally they remembered that they had a lot of work today. After the discussion, they all unanimously decided to let Yu Xinran sit together with Luo Xun on the road.

She could use her power to turn large pieces of rubble into sand. The smaller pieces and potholes could be ignored but it would help the bumpy road. By the end most of the avenue had been turned into sand.

This time Luo Xun and team were going somewhere relatively far from their base. So when they returned to the main road, they would not need to deal with the troublesome road conditions.

It took the convoy more than a day to reach their destination located in the southeast countryside of A City. The surrounding areas were not as damaged since there was a small population as people were embarrassed with the location.