Chapter 106 - 110

106

"Pour the mushroom juice! Avoid the window areas!" Luo Xun immediately relayed orders after Song Lingling's report.

The whole barrel of mushroom juice was poured into the trench using a metal funnel made by Yan Fei.

The squeaking from outside grew louder, the corrosive mushroom juice eliminated more than half of the zombie rats in the trench. A large number of zombie mice were buried in pus.

It was fortunate that they had not met too many zombies today, so there a lot of mushroom juice and petrol in stock. Otherwise they have needed to hide in metal shelters and not be able to deal with all the zombies outside.

Zhang Yi controlled the airflow inside the metal dome, allowing fresh air to enter. Li Tie and the others poured buckets of mushroom juice through the funnels.

Gradually, seventy to eighty percent of the mushroom juice had been used, but the number of zombie mice outside showed no sign of decreasing! Even more frightening was listening to the *pop* sounds of mice hitting the metal walls and grinding that caused one's scalp to tingle.

When the pit was almost full again, Luo Xun immediately ordered more mushroom and petrol to be dumped out of the funnels.

Xu Mei did have time to release a fireball when a fire ability zombie mouse carelessly lit some gasoline!

Fortunately the fireball fell into the ditch, and did not ignite the funnel, otherwise the person responsible for pouring petrol would have gotten burned!

"Really...dangerous" Luo Xun whispered while looking at the raging fire.

The people in charge of the petrol did not know that they had almost been injured, but were also relieved at seeing the fire doing its job.

Yan Fei patted him on the shoulder and whispered, "We have learned our lesson, next time I'll change the form to avoid this problem."

Luo Xun could only nod in agreement. The couple stood side by side and silently waited for the fire to stop burning.

Zombie mice were extremely fast. Their rotten skin was ignited as they crossed through the flames causing fiery bullets to hit the metal walls.

Yan Fei had deliberately made the trench area larger, but the rats could use wind abilities and speed across. Everyone felt lucky about their previous zombie encounters, one-on-one the zombies were not bag, but their movements were slow. Even the faster zombies did not compare to the zombie rats intensive attack, or had the past only been a warmup?

That night, no one dared to sleep. When the fire became small, some immediately added more petrol. Xu Mei shot a flame as far as possible to create a dense firewall, more intense than usual.

Zhang Yi made sure that the air stayed clean, displacing any soot. He also occasionally added oxygen to Xu Mei's flames for combustion.

The fire burned all night. Fortunately before leaving, Luo Xun had told everyone to bring more gasoline back. They had brought all of it with them, otherwise how would they have relaxed somewhat that night?

When the first rays of the sun appeared, the team had no reaction. It was only when the sun was in the sky that the squeaking became quieter, the zombie mice gradually started retreating. The zombie mice disappeared as suddenly as they arrived.

"Gone, gone..."

"Finally all gone!"

Realizing that the zombie mice had completely disappeared, they started to cry along with a few *thump* sounds. The team flopped onto the ground, the more exhausted people went directly to sleep.