Chapter 96 - 100

96

Several people's work lasted for a week, finally the 16th floor preparations were completed...

"Huh? Look up, I remember that only the 16th floor had iron shelves outside the window? Why does the 15th floor suddenly have them too?"

"How did you not notice? Wasn't there already a metal fence outside the windows?"

"But what about the other rooms?"

"Who knows, there's nothing hanging on the shelf anyway."

Solar panels were flat, it would be more conspicuous if taken out along, but less noticeable if shielded from view with a metal fence.

Over the past few days, Luo Xun pooled together everyone's points to exchange for many solar panels. He still failed to completely fill the two walls, had to make more effort.

In the last month, Xu Mei and Song Lingling had gradually brought back the required soil. The earth was treated and placed neatly into a planting rack.

In the 15th floor corridor, there were rows of plant shelves near 1503 and 1504. Outside there was also two fridges and a washing machine.

Li Tie and friends had bought the washing machine and it was exclusively used as a public machine – except Luo Xun and Yan Fei. The two freezers were used to prepare vegetables for harvesting since there was no electricity at the moment.

The last refrigerator was placed into Li Tie's home because the crops they had planted before were harvested and needed storage space.

Now, Luo Xun was with the two women, followed by Yan Fei. They brought to their home a box of good seedlings.

All they needed to do with these seedlings – rice transplant!

Other than Xu Mei's room on the 15th floor, the remaining rooms were ready to be planted with rice. This would be their future food source!

Nowadays, although there were a number of team members, but if Luo Xun could successfully grow the rice in these three rooms...With their other alternating crops, it would enough for their group's food supplies.

Luo Xun's goal was to have quality mutated rice varieties. Even if he was unable to produce high quality variants, they could grow normal rice that had a much higher price on base compared to the bad tasting, high yield regular variant rice.

Luo Xun ate at least one meal outside of home. Li Tie, Zhang Yi and the others who worked every day could eat two meals in the base. The women were the only ones who only ate at home and not much. If their crops could be successfully grown, harvesting whatever kind of rice will be folded in their resources. What's more, there were more benefits.

Luo Xun had originally prepared some seeds but the number was not enough to fill the rooms. It was fortunate that the base promoted home farming, plants had surprisingly low exchanging prices! Plus, Luo Xun and Li Tie's connections, the price of seeds was even lower. There was no absolutely problem with planting the two floors.

The group walked into 1504 – this room and 1501 were three bedroom apartments with a bigger indoor area. Now it had been filled with rows of iron shelves which were divided into three layers, although it only looked like two.

No need to ask about the lowest level, it was a humble drawer with holes with a piece of processed wood inside. Mushrooms would grow on the wood, it would take some time and they did not need to pay too much attention to care.

On top of the mushrooms was the field, which was filled with tilled soil, waiting for seedlings to be planted. Afterwards, the seedlings needed to be watered.