Chapter 206 - 210

206

The group of people cheerfully headed towards base. It was still very early so the sun cast slender shadows behind the roadside trees. On the way back Luo Xun remembered that there was a lot of dead wood while driving. As they gradually approached their home, Zhang Yi spoke through the radio. "...There are mutant animals in the direction of our base."

"Mutant animals? How many? Are they wolves?" The two wolves seemed to be operating hear their base, Luo Xun had met them more than once. So it was strange that Zhang Yi did not tell them any specifics.

"I don't know...there must be more than two types." Zhang Yi had not finished when faint vibrations went through the ground. The team subconsciously parked the car and looked at each other. The same image flashed in their hearts – a group of pigs running in front followed by two wolves...

"No...Its...?" Wang Duo was interrupted, his question unfinished but everyone understood why.

Yan Fei silently changed the trucks into metal plates...then an amazing sight ran in their direction!

"Come on! Is that actually a cow? Are you sure it's not the bull king?!" Li TIe's voice rose while Han Li was either screaming in fear or excitement.

A herd of three-storey cattle with horns on their heads, madly rushed in their direction! Behind them were two familiar wolves, several times smaller than the herbivores.

They really did not know fear, daring to provoke this group of huge cattle. The number was certainly smaller than the pig herd, but the few of them could actually cause an earthquake through their powerful velocity.

Discovering their convoy, the two wolves suddenly changed the direction of their pursuit. But also a few thorns appeared from the ground directing the cattle so that they ran towards the team as well.

Come on, what else would that mean? Even the wolves knew about mutual cooperation. Luo Xun naturally could not stand in place as the cows ran past.

Still metal appeared for a trap together with the sandpits. This time when the cows ran past, two fell and broke their legs.

The two wolves politely pounced on one and dragged it away while ignoring the other one. The other half dead cow was left with the pit while the team stared at Luo Xun.

"...They...intentionally lead the cows to us?"

After a while, someone whispered, "It's possible...when we come back later we need enough metal or I am afraid we will be trampled to death by prey." Luo Xun looked at the hill sized cattle.

How long would such a big cow feed the two wolves? Luo Xun did not know but one was enough for them to eat for New Years. Don't forget, there are several pigs that were uneaten! So they had no need for hunting for the rest of the year.

Yan Fei made a trailer with the metal and several cars pulled the prey into their base. After peeling and waiting for the beef to be processed they wanted to go home early for a break and process the meat.

The two women took a piece of beef into the kitchen. Luo XUn froze the remaining meat and organs. He hung the cowhide and pondered, "After these two busy days, let's make some meat sauce? Along with some beef jerky."

After all there were several pigs still in the freezer at home. It would go bad if frozen for too long. In case of repeated encounters with the two wolves getting the team to help with hunting, their family would always have meat to eat.

What's more, the team has had quails as a source of meat.

"Good, good!"

"No problem, do it!"