Chapter 51 - 55

51

Once Zhang Yi's outer iron fence was done, Yan Fei wanted Luo Xun to spoon feed him dinner, like when he had been injured and needed help to eat. Luo Xun feeding was much softer this time, evidently due to the two's emotional breakthrough in their relationship.

And he was given what he wanted to eat but had various worries about caring and intimacy.

Yan Fei ate very slowly, but the satisfaction in his heart was far greater than the food – after all the food cooled down as a result of eating too slowly...

With such a thoughtful lover at his side, Yan Fei felt that it was a good decision to take Luo Xun with him to repair the walls. After all who else would take care of themselves and him in such a gentle and thoughtful manner?

Early next morning, Yan Fei woke up and found his expended spirit completely restore but there was also a faint, hazy feeling. Sure enough, the best way to upgrade was to consume then refill. However was there any way to increase the speed of upgrade? Like meditating in Qigong? Internal cultivation? Or using the nucleus?

The most likely way was to use the crystal nucleus to enhance powers, but at present the two were not leaving the base. Therefore did not need to use the crystal nucleus to increase abilities. Better use his current method as exercise, to expand his maximum spiritual energy levels.

The two people went out after breakfast and met up with the group of five at the same time. Yesterday Lieutenant Ding had said if Yan Fei would participate in wall construction, to find him at the west intersection and bring him the rest of the way.

"Luo Xun?" Wang Duo asked curiously upon seeing Luo Xun dressed to go out as well.

"I'm going with him." Luo Xun smiled but did not specify the reason behind accompanying Yan Fei.

Li Tie and the others thought Luo Xun was accompanying his cousin out for an errand and did not ask anymore. Hearing sounds in the corridor, Zhang Yi also opened the door and came out.

"We'll trouble Zhang Yi with housekeeping."

"We'll come back at night and bring you a warm meal!" Li Tie waved excitedly at Zhang Yi.

Luo Xun and Yan Fei also nodded in farewell, closed the door and headed downstairs.

Just like Lieutenant Ding had said, there were plenty of people waiting for elevators at rush hour. The elevator had to stop at almost every floor, the speed was comparable to simply climbing the stairs.

The group slowly descended the stairs, they waved farewell at the intersection. The two arrived and found Ding at a temporary set up military guard cabin.

"Are you tw going?" Lieutenant Ding wondered as Luo Xun had come as well. Could it be that this person also had a metal ability? Or the cousin could have a different ability.

Luo Xun laughed. "Excessive ability use can have side effects. I am accompanying my cousin to take care of him. I do not need pay, just following him is fine."

Lieutenant Ding thought for a moment then asked. "Can you drive?"

"Yes." Luo Xun nodded, regretting he did not have a good car. His driving technique had been honed during his escape from his old home, the technology was not good but he made due.

"Okay, you follow." The troops would not refuse free help in repairs.

Even if Luo Xun had not come, the military would have arranged for a person or two to take care of Yan Fei. Having Luo Xun around was helpful.

Sure enough, Yan Fei and Luo Xun arrived. Knowing Luo Xun was there to take care of Yan Fei the other side did not raise any objections and was generous. "Just food, do not send Luo Xun points."