Chapter 226 - 230

226

The newly formed pond near the Otaku squad's home was not large and looked like a symmetrical water field. It was also not too deep so the birds moving around was not too big.

But even if the volume was small, these were mutant animals with stronger bodies. One by one they hit the metal shield, even if Yan Fei made them stronger, it was inevitable that there would be shaking.

The scraping made a lot of noise, it was fortunate that Yan Fei erected a wall. Otherwise, the team would have been sent flying and nowhere to go.

Thinking of this, the team could not help but turn their heads to stare at the two mutant wolves. The two animals had run behind the team and were looking at the metal plate, their ears quivering with each impact. They seemed to be wondering if the birds would catch up.

"Let's deal with the birds first, or even chase them away." Although they wanted a change of taste, but they would not be able to finish this many birds even if they were all hunted!

There was so much pork at home that even if they ate meat every day, it was enough to last until the New Year. The team immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bombard the birds, starting with the ones that first hit the wall. Even if they did not have a lot of oil the meat would still be good with vegetables.

This group of water birds also had abilities similar to Luo Xun's team which were not easy to deal with. After a while, the birds returned towards the pond.

Before Luo Xun could breathe a sigh of relief, he felt the ground vibrate. The two fleeing wolves who had fled to their group each held a water bird in their mouth. They casually gnawed on the prey and turned their mouths blood red.

Looking at these two uncourteous wolves blocking the way while eating, Luo Xun and the others stared. When one bird was finished, the wolves grabbed the other and leisurely walked away from the bird's lake.

"....Even left us two, should we say thank you to them?" Luo Xun looked at the two remaining prey and asked for advice from the team.

Zhang Yi looked at the offering. "You did not notice that they left us the smallest ones?"

They picked out all the big ones? Their team only got the leftovers?

The team turned to look at the pair of wolves lying under a tree. Childlike eyes stared back with no traces of worry or nervousness.

"Brother Luo, shall we drive them away? Otherwise, every time we come back from a trip we'll have to clean up their mess." Han Li advised.

"Although they are very wasteful..." Luo Xun resisted a smile, "but they are still able to deter some people and animals."

Although these two were gone whenever there was a lot of danger, two large wolves living near the area could still act as a deterrent.

Especially now that the area has a pond with the birds as temporary residents. Survivors out hunting mutant creatures will think twice before daring to come. This was also a question of security to Luo Xun.

They picked up the two water birds. Although the two were the smallest, since they were mutated, each body was one and a half meters. Including the neck and feet, one would stand at a height of around two meters. Luckily they were on the way back so they could use the livers to taste foie gras.

The team drove home, everything at home had not changed much. Some vegetables had grown and other crops had matured and needed to be picked. There were more eggs in the house and some baby quails had hatched.

This time when they returned, the group did not jump in gaming but started work instead. There were still a lot of rooms in the house to be furnished as well as rooms in the basement missing planting racks and other equipment.