Chapter 136 - 140

136

"This crossbow is so strong!"

"Right?! It punched straight through the zombie's head!"

"God! This recoil is almost as much as a large caliber gun!"

Several people looked out while Li Tie and the other were trying out their newly improved weapons, it looked really good.

At Luo Xun's suggestion, Yan Fei increased the caliber size, crossbow length, increasing the strength. The arrows had been modified to be more destructive but because of the weather, most of the arrows did not have mushroom juice.

After several experiments, the improved arrows were enough to deal with regular zombies even without mushroom juice.

Luo Xun heard heavy footsteps coming and looked out the window. Seeing a few zombie corpses on the ground he laughed, "See? This kind of zombie is not hard to fight, isn't it?"

He Qiankun nodded with excitement, "Un! This thing just looks scary!"

That was because it was not a siege and with the freezing temperatures it made people feel good about fighting. If it was summer, these zombies would stand far away from the battle and throw large stones, bricks, other zombies etc with the other long-distance zombies. Even without ranged attacks, if they sped over and crashed into the wall, it would be enough to frighten people.

Luo Xun said nothing but the large ones began to fight back after vaguely realising that the metal 'egg' was not easy to deal with. They stiffly bent down and picked up nearby objects to throw.

Most of the time they threw various pieces of snow, sometimes it would included stuff in the snow such as bricks, rotten wood. Also likely to grab the nearest zombie, it did not seem to differentiate.

From the beginning Luo Xun got everyone to retreat. Yan Fei erected a metal guard in front of the window. Listening to the pinging sounds, everyone was secretly thankful that the outer wall was smooth, hard and needed no repairs. Even if zombies were thrown, they would slide off into the traps and get corroded by the mushroom juice.

"Do you have a way to kill them?" Xu Mei was a little worried listening to the banging.

Luo Xun smiled, "No worries, just let them let loose." Seeing the other's expressions of amazement, Luo Xun helplessly spread his hands, "What happens after we let them throw all the garbage around them towards us?"

The team looked at him confused. Suddenly Yan fei laughed and turned to the blocked window. "Gather more and more zombies."

"Ah?" The rest of them did not understand their meaning.

Zhang Yi rolled his eyes and slapped Wang Duo on the back of the head. "Throw zombies from a distance."

Although the zombies did not have much intelligence, when they levelled up they knew their strengths and abilities well. For example, if they did not have an ability, it would find a way to catch up with the target or destroy obstacles to catch the 'food'.

But a zombie above level two with an ability, they would use their powers to attack. Physical zombies would definitely find a way to use their powers to achieve their goals. Ranged attacks will stand far away and fire. Some zombies also learned how to glide like a kite – their targets were humans.

Everytime the team went out to fight zombies, the annoying ones were never the ones who went straight into traps and fire, but the ones who stood away and shot. Especially once the traps were lit of on fire to burn the zombies, they had to cross the flames and discern where they are...