Chapter 36 - 40

36

The group was thankful for the few watermelon seeds when there was a sudden flurry of noise at the back door.

"Run! RUN!"

"Close the door! Close the door!"

"Wait, wait don't close it yet!"

"Oye! What's going on?! How are there so many!?"

Seven people looked at each other, their hearts flashed with a horrible realization. It could not be...the supermarket back door, had been cut off?

Luo Xun, the most experienced with the apocalypse made a snap decision. "Get to the second floor right now!"

The staircase and elevator acted as a barrier, even if the first floor was occupied by zombies, they would defend themselves for a while. Plus they could use the second floor window to observe the nearby situation.

Seven people hurried towards the second floor. Luo Xun's heart was heavy – this escalator had a staircase ramp – no way to block the zombies!

Anyway, they needed to get to the second floor first. Luo Xun and company's position was originally close to the elevator, at the moment creepy sounds approached faster/ Scrambled up to the second floor, a group from upstairs collected things leaving others downstairs.

"What's the situation? What's going on?"

"Zombies, someone brought zombies from downstairs!"

"What?! More zombies in the supermarket!?"

"Who did this? They have no shame!"

The issue of civic mindedness was set aside, Luo Xun and the others went further in the building after scanning around. The second floor had less wandering zombies than the first floor, they had been put down but that did not mean they could rest assured.

They hurriedly ran to the window to catch a glance – twenty to thirty heads had unexpectedly gathered at the back door street. Behind many zombies hobbled over – a few could not help but scold the young lady in their hearts – how would they get out of here!?

The situation at the front door was worse than at the back door! In the current state of the world, if even one zombie started to pound against a door, the sound would attract a second and a third. So the front door could not be cleared of the stream of zombies.

"What, what do we do?" Li Tie and the others panicked.

They thought of simply jumping directly from the second floor but the height of the supermarket's second floor could not compare to a house! A jump from here would only result in death! Not even mentioning nimbleness required, with He Qiankun's weight the jump would like a belly flop. Secondly, there were no other buildings in the vicinity, no chance to climb away and hide.

Luo Xun's eyes quickly scanned around, he pointed towards a certain window. "In a moment, we open a gap here, jump onto the top of that bus. Hurry and see if there's anything useful on this floor."

Li Tie and company were relieved then dazed as they were told to collect stuff.

"Collect, collect what?"

Luo Xun stared. "Daily lifestyle products! Why else would we come to the supermarket?"

Scavengers would not leave empty handed, the first floor zombies had not come up yet, there should be at least some time to quickly collect supplies. If he had not seen the second floor and it was not as dangerous as the first, he would not have brought it up with things so tense.

They had to speed up their actions, even if it was risky but the group could not miss out. There might not be such a chance in the future – there were only fewer and fewer things in the city.