Chapter 181 - 185

181

In the quiet wilderness, ruins of buildings lined both sides of the road. Luo Xun's team did not follow the path they had used several times to visit the experimental fields but went through a relatively large number of roads.

Changing the roads meant that their new base would not be found and Yan Fei was allowed to collect metal along the way. Metal was very much needed in order to build a brand new, fully featured home.

Thinking about how much effort they spent renovating the two floors and the amount of metal they brought back to base showed how many resources they needed this time.

They had a whole three-storey building to remodel, along with several other rooms in the vicinity and the basement...

If it was not necessary to leave some stuff as a precaution, and their limited metal supply, Luo Xun's group would not need to scrape the ground for scraps. Two huge metal balls rolled along behind the team, it made a scary site.

After leaving for nearly seven or eight days, it looked a lot different from when they left. Of course, since the weather had warmed up recently, the snow and ice covering the fields had all begun to melt, revealing the terrifying plants hidden underneath.

The team parked further away from the farmland and shuddered in their hearts – this was the terror zone they had strayed into, where they had nearly lost their lives. If not for the baby for had some sort of ability they would have all crossed the yellow river.

Luo Xun's train of thought was obviously somewhat different, he tilted his head and suddenly said. "We'll enter to sort everything out and rest, then we will increase the area of these devil vines."

"Ah?"

"What?!"

"Expand the range of the devil vines?!"

The group of people looked at him gobsmacked. However only the five former students were surprised while the others clicked with their leader.

Song Lingling clapped. "Yes! If these things can be cultivated, having them in the surroundings would be good!"

Zhang Yi also added. "These things are quite tall, before the snow pressed them down but they are growing well."

"...Why do you want to cultivate them? Aren't they dangerous?" Wang Duo looked at his lover in a dazed manner, asking for an explanation.

Zhang Yi looked at him disdainfully. "Are you stupid? There are so many of these things around us, except for us who know the secret way, who would come? The plants could help us stop trouble."

Li Tie's jaw dropped before he exclaimed, "Ah, good idea!"

Yan Fei also explained, "We have to expand the area under the basement, if someone found out, an earth or metal user could find us. Expanding the plants could also help cover up this problem."

He pointed at the secret tunnel, "Once a metal power level is increased, they can sense metal. A secret path might not be found easily but what about a large metal basement room?"

"Ah! I see!"

"Yes, yes, but is it possible?"

Luo Xun smiled and nodded. "It should not be difficult, as long as we find a room to grow some rice/wheat and keep the mushroom wood inside, it should be easy to cultivate the contaminated soil."

The excavation would be left to Yu Xinran since she did not need to be near the plants in order to change the soil into sand. Plus they only needed a bit of dirt for their needs.