Chapter 186 - 190

186

Luo Xun preferred spicy tastes while Xu Mei and Song Lingling also did but not to the same extent. The two women stared at the other's amazing iron stomach.

The plate of spicy fried rabbit meat attracted everyone's attention, especially since all the bones had been removed. Every bite was filled with the rich taste of meat. The team grabbed a bowl of rice and stuffed their faces as if they had not eaten for a century.

Of course, the two ladies' braised meat was also popular, especially Yu Xinran who could not eat the spicy dish. The bones were used in a large pot of fresh soup. After the food was swept clean, everyone drank soup and chatted.

Li Tie sat in his chair and soulfully looked at his bowl of soup, "Alas, if we could get something like this at base..."

"Don't you have quails at home?" Wu Xin asked beside him.

Li Tie had not opened his mouth when He Qiankun shouted, "Quails have meat, but it's not as good!"

When the need arose, they would slaughter some quail but they were reluctant, only one every few months. They could not bear it so they stuck with the eggs.

How would that have been enough meat? It was only everyone had more meat that they could sink their teeth into the food.

"Yes, that's right! How about we try and raise more animals!" Li Tie's words fired up the diners, their eyes wide with flushed faces.

"If we can raise some animals like the mutant ones we hunted, it would be enough for us to eat for a few months!"

"Yes! Now mutant animals are more common!"

Luo Xun did not rain on the excited group's parade but as they started going into detailed plans, he coughed.

Seeing all the eyes turning to him, Luo Xun felt a mountain of pressure. "That...breeding mutant animals...is not possible. You have to take into account their power and size." Luo Xun helplessly added, "We could raise small pre-apocalypse animals but how could we do the same with those super large mutants?"

Zhang Yi had already finished his bowl of soup, naturally Wang Duo gave up his remaining half portion. "The bigger they are, the more one can eat."

The remark almost made the group spit out their dinner. Raising mutant animals was not practical, even if they really wanted to raise some, it would be best to find some ordinary animals, but in the current world...where would someone be able to find one?

Luo Xun and the others did not bring any quails or mealworms from home. On one hand there were too many and on the other they were afraid that something unexpected and they would freeze to death. So the rabbit solved their meat problem for a while.

The day after, Luo Xun set up a new task – He Qiankun need to find out if there was a place nearby to get glass. In fact, when they went out before, they wanted to bring all the intact glass at the solar panel factory, but they met the mutant dog and rabbit. While those two were fighting, many things were broken beyond repair.When Luo Xun checked afterwards, there was not a single piece of intact glass left.

They unloaded the wood inside the car and everyone's work was settled for the next day. It was still Luo Xun cleaning up the shelves inside the planting room, Li TIe and company dealing with the wood so that the boxes could cultivate mushrooms. They were very familiar with this job so they were very efficient.

He Qiankun found a factory where there might be glass, it was also near when they went last time. After confirming there was no need for everyone to stay for work, the group of people drove out again.