Chapter 156 - 160

156

Luo Xun guessed that Captain Guo would contact them, but not so soon – after all the barracks matter was only yesterday. It was really fast, of course who knows how involved he was.

Yan Fei put down his work and picked up the phone. Luo Xun followed while the other people continued to admire the new armor. They continued testing the sturdiness in more areas.

Yan Fei held the phone while Captain Guo began to speak, "Yan Fei, how was your rest? By the way, what do you think of we discussed before? Do you want to come back? Or stay with your team?"

Yan Fei raised an eyebrow, his mind kicked into gear while he said. "Captain Guo, I rested fine...the workload this time was big..." A few more polite words. "My relationship with the captain is strong, although I want to help you...I'm sorry but I won't leave him."

Captain Guo knew that he and Luo Xun were together, how could he appeal only to him? If he had a problem, he could jump from the 16th floor.

"Really no? You didn't think about the terms we are offering?" He said again, "If the base has emergency work, we will count on you to come."

Yan Fei immediately understood, "Rest assured that if there is any danger on base we won't run. I will keep you in mind when we get called."

Luo Xun whispered after hearing Yan Fei answer the call. "Is there someone with Captain Guo?" Although he did not hear words – there must be a problem on Captain Guo's side! When did he speak in such a polite tone?!

Yan Fei closed the phone before saying, "I did not hear other voices but I suspect someone was listening or out in public." He then summarized what Captain Guo had said.

Luo Xun nodded his head after listening. "I suspect the new leaders in base are trying to reorganize the ability users, or recruit ones who are not under the control of the military. At least they had the idea to reform the metal squad, perhaps to repair the outer walls and other tasks. Let's be careful..."

He trailed off with a sigh and gently hammered Yan Fei's chest. "The weak will be bullied by strong teams on base. But those too strong will also be pulled down due to fear. These days are so hard to survive..."

Yan Fei smiled and held his lover's hand as they walked back to continue working on protective clothing. They could not explain to the others – after all the matter was not fully clear. They could only remind everyone to be vigilant, watch their back while acting together and avoid trouble.

Yan Fei worked the ideas and comments from the others. He added a layer of metal to the gloves and shoes of his team members. He was glad that he practiced everyday with his metal ability. After becoming level four, he could make metal as fine as a silk thread but tough enough to withstand two of Zhang Yi's wind blades. Otherwise he would do the same thing to the socks as the armor.

The sky darkened as Yan Fei dealt with their metal clothes. The couple returned home to discuss the phone call from Captain Guo during the afternoon.

"...Do you want to contact Sun Shaoyang?" Luo Xun was hesitant, "He looked like he wanted to return."

Sun Shaoyang had left the army and joined a team but it did not seem suitable for him. Although he was dissatisfied with the new captain, if Guo returned, he and his partner would want to go back.

"It does not matter, since Captain Guo was the one who called, maybe Sun Shaoyang has already gone back. In case their phones are monitored, it would be best not to call them now."

Yan Fei frowned, Captain Guo called himself, if he contacted Sun Shaoyang who might rejoin the metal team with some adjustments...it would be troublesome if they were found.