Chapter 171 - 175

171

In order to detect the devil vine's range, the team first threw stones around the test area...It left them a little speechless and desperate, the devil vines actually surrounded the building, there was not even a gap left!

Not just here, a lot of the other farmland had grown the bizarre devil vines.

Luo Xun was not sure if these things came from the test building, but for now they have to give up, pack their bags and head towards the solar panel factory tomorrow.

"Those things can't grow here right?" They were delayed after checking the range of the vines. It was safer to spend the night after cleaning out a nearby house and making sure there were no zombies around.

After hearing Wang Duo's words, everyone looked at him, "Don't jinx us you blabbermouth!"

Wang Duo stiffened before placing his wronged head against Zhang Yi. "Wuwuwu, dear, they are bullying me..."

Zhang Yi shook his shoulder and said, "You should have said nothing."

Luo Xun coughed twice. "That...there should be no farmland near the factory but we should be careful on the road since there is open land..."

Although the majority of the land they passed did not seem to have those strange vines. But who knew if the land grew more dangerous the further away from base?

After a night of relative peace, the team who were used to being surrounded by zombies felt a tad strange. They ate breakfast early in the morning, packed up their things and subconsciously watched the vines that they had tried to observe.

The area was as quiet as ever, with the even snow, if they had not seen everything yesterday who would have thought there were devil vines around? Or was everything they saw yesterday all hallucinations?

They climbed into their respective cars. Luo Xun charted their course and they drove towards the road before following the highway towards the factory.

The cold air buffeted the team but fortunately inside the sled was very warm. The sun shining extra bright so the snow seemed to start melting. After passing the whole day on the road, on the sixth day after exiting base, they found a different scene than before...

"This...what's going on?"

"God, this is too..."

"Hey?! What are those dark things in the distance?!"

"Tank! Armored vehicles!"

"And the truck...it's the army that came out to get solar panels!"

"But around here..."

"It's...a zombie horde."

The team stood silently beside the sled while looking at the scene. Before the earth was covered in white snow, but now there was unearthed land that resembled a black dragon in the snow. The contrast hit their eyes hard.

The crowd was silent for a long time before Luo Xun took a step forward to look where the horde went. "It seems that they returned to base by this road...it's not the one where we came from."

"...Luo Xun, are these zombies cooperating?!" Li TIe turned his head, his eyes looked like they were about to fall out.

Zhang Yi squinted. "If they were not acting together, how could there be so many zombies in the siege?"

"But...I thought it was because they were attracted by the scent of the people inside base..." Li Tie's voice was quivering but the team could not help but laugh at his word choice.