Prologue Chapter 2: Narumi's Birth

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks and Setting

Chapter 2: Narumi's Birth

A few days later

"Minato! My water just broke!" The next few hours after that reveal were a blur, as he hurriedly went about preparing for the birth of his daughter. He found himself in a secret cave covered in seals and barriers. His sensei, Jiraiya the Toad Sage, hadn't been able to make it back yet, but he still had protection from the few handpicked ANBU he trusted that he brought along. He held his wife's hand while keeping an eye on the seal.

"ARRRGGHHHH! Curse you Minato! This is the second time you've done this to me!" Kushina yelled out squeezing the Hokage's hand into what he thought was dust. Minato held back a tear wondering how his wife was so strong.

"Of course, honey." He whimpered. "I'll treat you to all the ramen you can have after this. Just keep pushing! You're almost there!"

"What do you think I'm doing?! And you better not be lying about the ramen!" Kushina yelled out as she gave a mighty push.

"You're almost there! I can see her red hair!" The Sandaime's wife, Biwako, said, cheering Kushina on as she prepared to receive the baby. Minato continued to hold on to his wife's hand with one hand while maintaining the seal with the other, which was weakening as Kushina grew more and more exhausted.

"AHHHHHH!" Kushina gave one last yell as she finally pushed her daughter out into Biwako's waiting arms.

"Congratulations! She's a healthy girl!" Biwako cheerfully said revealing the swaddled Narumi to her parents for the first time.

"She's beautiful." The parents of the newborn said in almost a whisper as they shed a tear in happiness. Kushina held her newborn daughter while Minato had his arm around Kushina's shoulder. The happy couple welcomed the newborn into their happy family.

All was perfect for a few moments, when they suddenly heard a small gasp from Biwako. When they looked up to look at her, they noticed blood dripping from her mouth as she fell to the floor dead. The ANBU they had for security were scattered around the cave, also dead.

"What in the..." Minato's mind began to race as he quickly looked around to see who was the cause of all of this, when he heard a blood curling scream from his wife. His eyes flew over to his wife who seemed to be fine, but what he saw made his blood run cold. A strange masked man held Narumi with a kunai pointed towards her.

"Step away from the jinchuuriki, or the girl will live to the ripe old age of 5 minutes." The masked assailant growled out in a threatening tone.

"Now now, let's all be calm here." Minato said in a calm voice trying to deescalate the situation.

"I'm perfectly calm, Yondaime. Now you need to make a decision. Your daughter or the jinchuuriki." Minato stood still, his visage darkening, as his analytical mind began to race through all the possibilities.

The masked man suddenly threw the baby into the air, and Minato disappeared from sight before reappearing in a yellow flash to catch his daughter. A small hissing sound came from the bundle he held, and when he looked over, he noticed explosive tags lining the baby's blanket. He quickly unwrapped and threw the booby-trapped blanket far behind him, only just in time, as the blanket exploded behind him.

When he looked towards his wife and the masked man, he found them both gone. He teleported to his house using his Hiraishin, to be greeted by Naruto.