Genin Days Chapter 11: Mission to Taki Part 1

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 26: Mission to Taki Part 1

Team 7 set out at 7 in the morning the day after getting their mission from the Hokage, after meeting their client, the delegate from Takigakure. The client was Shibuki, the son of the leader of Takigakure, and he was to be escorted back to his home village after spending a couple months in Konoha, discussing and negotiating details of their renewed alliance.

Team 7 discovered he was a coward as they escorted him, when they saw how he flinched at the smallest noises and constantly looked over his shoulder. It made Naruto wonder if Shibuki had people who were after him. It was not befitting of his status of next-in-line as village leader.

They also discovered another aspect of Shibuki. He was rude and condescending. At least when he talked to them.

It all came together to make for a very troublesome escort mission, despite the fact that they didn't run in to any trouble. Sasuke and Narumi were disappointed the mission was going too easily.

It was sometime in the afternoon, when Shibuki suddenly stopped the entourage.

"Alright! This is good enough. You guys can go now." Shibuki announced abruptly.

"Eh? What do you mean? We're supposed to take you all the way to your village!" Narumi said out loud in confusion.

"This is as close as I'm willing to let you guys come to Taki." Shibuki responded.

"How come?" Sasuke asked.

"The entrance to Taki is a village secret which has protected our village for decades. Unlike you other "hidden" villages, our village is actually hidden. We don't let foreigners enter our village." Shibuki told Team 7, much to their displeasure.

"What!? That's stupid! So now what?" Narumi asked unhappily.

"Now you go home. Do whatever. I don't really care." Shibuki told Narumi.

The entourage was then approached by children of the village who had been outside.

"Shibuki-san!" The children yelled as they came to Shibuki.

Team 7 saw that the children looked friendly with Shibuki, and vice versa, and were surprised. Was he only a jerk to them?

"What are you kids doing out here?" Shibuki asked the children.

"We were out here picking up trash! Can you help us?" The children asked.

Shibuki did not want to pick up trash, but wanted to help the children of his village out. He turned around and saw a very good solution.

"Alright. You guys can help them pick up the trash around here." Shibuki basically ordered his escorts.

"Hey! Our mission was to escort you to your village, not to pick up your trash!" Narumi yelled out, and her 2 friends nodded in agreement to back her up.

"Fine, I'll hire you for another mission to pick up trash then. You can knock off 2 missions in the time to do 1." Shibuki proposed.

Naruto rolled his eyes, but he thought for a moment. By the time they were done picking up the trash, the sun would probably be setting. Unless Shibuki was a complete asshole, he would probably let them stay for the night, since they were there at his request.