Genin Days Chapter 9: Mission to Wave Part 4

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 24: Mission to Wave Part 4

Gato tumbled across the ground as he was roughly thrown at Naruto's feet by Zabuza.

"Found the little rat trying to sneak away through the forest." Zabuza told Naruto.

Naruto crossed his arms as he looked down at the dirty form of one of the richest men in the entire world. "Well, well. Who do we have here? If it isn't big-shot-sama himself in the flesh." He proceeded to pick him up by the collar of his expensive business jacket.

Gato had never been so scared in his entire life. He had been scared at the ruthless efficiency of the Genin and Chunin who had massacred the majority of his thug army, but the man who was holding him up? He made those 6 shinobi look like bumbling babies, the way he slaughtered over 50 men with what almost appeared to be a dance, in less than a minute. He looked into the icy blue eyes of the blonde Konoha ninja, which contrasted sharply with the crimson blood that covered him, and he swore he could see the Shinigami looking down at him. The limbs he saw lying all over the bridge attested to the man's brutality.

"P-p-p-p-please! I-I'll do a-a-anything! I-I'll pay however m-m-much you want! J-j-just let me l-l-live!" Gato stuttered heavily, making Hinata look eloquent and confident by comparison.

Naruto's smirk turned into a look of disgust, as he saw a yellow liquid drip down the legs of Gato's expensive tailored suit. Still, he had Gato right where he wanted him.

"So, you don't want me to kill you, huh?" Naruto asked, and Gato nodded his head as if his life depended on it, because it did.

Naruto smirked as he pulled out several documents, which he had stolen from Gato's office the night Narumi met Haku. "Great! Why don't you sign these and hand over your company and entire fortune? I've already written and signed my part. All you gotta do is sign "Gato" next to "Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto", which I already signed."

Zabuza's eyebrows shot up when he heard the name. The man who had defeated him in combat was the son of the Yondaime Hokage and one of the last members of the destroyed Uzumaki Clan. He should have recognized that blonde hair and talent for battle earlier.

Gato was shocked at Naruto's impossible request, but one look at Naruto's face made Gato realize he would not budge. He held all the cards after all. He had been in that position many times before, and knew Naruto had no reason to let him off easy. He reasoned he could always make more money, but he only had one life after all. He'd recoup his lost fortune somehow and have this blonde son of a bitch assassinated. He would put out the largest bounty ever recorded just to have his blonde head preserved and put on his desk. But to do all that, he needed to get out of this situation alive first. He reluctantly signed the papers.

Naruto carefully read through the papers. He was now the owner of Gato's shipping empire, and one of the largest fortunes in the world. His parents' lost fortune was but a fraction of the immense wealth that he now held, even if he added his already sizable fortune that he earned from taking so many S-rank missions. He had to read the amount of Ryo he had just received from Gato several times to make sure he read it correctly. This was more than he had seen in his wildest dreams.

Narumi had never seen her brother smile a smile so big. 'Hey! How come he never smiled like that back home! Just what was on those papers?' Narumi thought to herself.