Academy Chapter 2: Narumi's 1st Day

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks and Setting

I don't own Naruto or its characters

Chapter 6: Narumi's 1st Day

Beginning of the Academic Year

Narumi couldn't mask the excitement as she walked hand in hand with her older brother. She was finally entering the Academy! Her mind whirred through all the possibilities. She could make new friends! She could learn to be a kick-ass ninja like her brother was! Maybe she'd even meet a guy who would sweep her off her feet like she read in her little shoujo-manga.

Naruto was happy for his little sister, but couldn't help but worry. Though a lot of people respected his strength and saw him as his father's successor, they weren't so kind with his sister. A lot of people avoided her and alienated her, though most people didn't outright mistreat her, fearing Naruto's wrath. He had been ANBU for 3 years now, and he had continued to get stronger and develop a reputation during that time, now known and acknowledged in Konoha as one of its elite.

Narumi and Naruto soon arrived at the Academy, where a new batch of students were all present with their parents. Narumi didn't have her parents with her, but she didn't mind so much, as she had her reliable brother with her. He himself was only 14, but to her he felt an adult, as he carried himself like one, and everyone treated him as one. Well, other than Itachi nii-san, Izumi nee-chan, Shisui nii-san, and Mikoto oba-san.

She looked around for any familiar faces, and saw the Uchiha Sasuke and his mother, who she considered family. Many in the clan still disliked her though, as her continued affiliation with the clan only added suspicion and distrust to the intentions of their clan. Their reputation had taken a hit following the Kyuubi incident.

The 5 Uchiha who really knew her were very fond of the energetic red head though. It was hard for anyone to hate the girl when they really got to know her. She was kind, compassionate, caring, and loyal. Positive vibes all around.

When the Uchiha family saw the familiar red and yellow mops of hair within the crowd, they smiled and walked over to them.

"Naruto! Narumi! How are you two?" Mikoto asked as she greeted them with a hug.

"I'm doing quite well Mikoto oba-san. Looks like Narumi here is ready to start her journey as a shinobi. She's been talking about it non-stop ever since her birthday." He replied with a chuckle.

The Uchiha woman laughed softly. "Our Sasuke-kun has been quite excited to join as well. Something about proving himself or something." Sasuke had a good childhood mostly, but he struggled to prove himself to his father, who was too busy with clan head duties and overseeing the Uchiha Military Police Force. The younger son of the clan head was also constantly compared to the genius of his elder brother, and he was desperate to leave Itachi's shadow.

"Hey! Just wait and see. I'll show you I can be just as strong as Itachi nii-san!" Sasuke declared with all the conviction a 7-year-old could muster. Well, any 7-year-old that wasn't Naruto trying to reclaim custody of his sister that is.

Naruto gave Sasuke a smile. He saw the boy as a younger brother, the way Itachi saw Narumi as a younger sister. "I'm sure you will, Sasuke-kun," He responded in a genuine way. "Maybe if you and Narumi reach the top scores of your class, I could show you a jutsu or two."

Meanwhile, the new students in front of the school stared, and the students in the classes poked their heads out of the windows to look at the interaction between the two families. That new student was so handsome! The son of the clan head of the elite Uchiha clan had the looks to match his prestigious background. Many of the girls swooned. And he seemed to be familiar with the rising star and son of the Yondaime! He stole many of their hearts instantly.