The Chunin Exams Chapter 5: Snakes in the Grass

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 46: Snakes in the Grass

"Kukuku... so this is the Team 7 I've heard so much about..." The kunoichi chuckled as she slowly walked up to the 3 Genin who were frozen in fear.

"Frozen stiff at a tiny bit of killing intent? Tsk tsk. What a shame. It seems you were simply riding on the laurels of your sensei."

Sasuke was furious at the kunoichi's taunts. What did she know about their relationship with Naruto anyway? Still, his anger was overshadowed by the fear of death that seized him and his teammates, and he stayed rooted to where he stood, silent.

"I thought you'd be more interesting you know. The last Uchiha Genin and the Hyuuga heiress training under the son of the Yondaime, the so-called strongest Hokage since the Shodai." She said mockingly. "Looks like the rumors were just rumors though. Oh well." The smile on her face instantly morphed into one of apathy. "I'm bored now. Guess I'll kill you now."

The kunoichi went through a few hand seals and slammed her palm on the ground. With a puff of smoke, 3 white snakes emerged, and threw themselves at the throats of each of the Genin of Team 7.

Narumi, Hinata, and Sasuke's eyes bulged in fear, as they begged their bodies to respond. They needed to move NOW or else they'd be dead in a few seconds. But alas, no matter how much they ordered their bodies to move, they could only watch as the snakes got closer and closer to them, unable to move like in a bad dream.

'N-no! I-It can't end like this! I still have to prove myself! I can't die without even having become Jonin! I-I still need to revive my clan!' Sasuke struggled to move, wanting to rise up to the occasion and save his friends so badly, but his body betrayed him.

The snakes seemed to slow down as they got closer and closer, and his vision sharpened even further, as he unknowingly unlocked the 3rd tomoe of his Sharingan. However, without the control of his body, all it did was show him exactly where those snakes would be striking in the next second.

All seemed lost for the 3 Genin, and they were about give up. It seemed like their hopes and dreams would die here.

They were caught off guard again, when the snakes were suddenly sliced into pieces and vanished in a puff of smoke just a few feet away from their face.

"Come on guys! What are you doing?? Get yourselves together!" One of Narumi's clones from their sentry perimeter shouted out as the other clones formed a defensive wall in front of Team 7 and slapped the frozen Genin awake.

"Nii-chan would be ashamed of us if we gave up like this! We still have more to show! What are you doing??"

With the slap and words from the clones, they were able to get their heads back on, and the resolve of the 3 Genin were rekindled.

"You're right. We're not done yet! Come on guys! Let's show this creepy snake woman what Team 7 can do!" Narumi shouted out to her teammates after being slapped into her senses by her own clone.

Sasuke gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, furious at his own weakness, and was out for blood now. He'd show this Kusa Genin that Naruto's team was not to be looked down on.

"Narumi! Buy us some time. I think I might have an idea to take down this... woman."

Narumi nodded and ordered her clones to swarm the Kusa kunoichi.