Chunin Exams Chapter 11: Kusa's Hospitality Part 2

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 52: Kusa's Hospitality Part 2

Naruto looked to his left and to his right, and saw angry looking faces, full of discontent and rebellion.

He couldn't blame them though. He was feeling the same way right now.

"Alright you scum! Stand in a proper straight line and look at your toes, or you'll feel my wrath!"

Naruto snorted to himself. As if that weakling could do anything to him.

"Or what? What are you gonna do, you little rat?" One man scoffed, saying what was on Naruto's mind for him.

However, Naruto kept his mouth shut, as he wasn't having a great track record with his choice of words recently, and simply watched the man who spoke out getting beaten with a club.

Naruto sighed. Why was he even really here? How did things get so messy so quickly?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback (at the Diplomatic Guest House in Kusa after the Meeting)

Once Shizune closed the door of their lodging in Kusa, Izumi looked straight at Naruto.

"Put up a privacy seal."

Naruto quickly formed a few hand seals and placed his palm on the floor, with lines of kanji emanating from that point until it covered the room before it vanished.

Once Izumi saw that the room was secured, she collapsed into a nearby couch.

Naruto and Shizune stood in silence, not knowing what to do but clearly seeing that Izumi was livid.

A few awkward moments passed by, with Izumi resting her elbows on her knees and covering her face with her hands.

The silence was becoming unbearable, so Naruto spoke first in an attempt to break the awkward silence.

"Umm... are you angry?"

Naruto felt a shiver crawl up his spine when Izumi slowly turned her head to look at him, with a certain fire in her eyes.

"Am I angry? What do you think? You basically sabotaged our mission! What the hell was that, Naruto?? Were you trying to mess up the negotiation on purpose?? What were you thinking?" Izumi yelled out in an exasperated voice.

Naruto was taken aback at her yelling, as she had never done that to him before. However, he still didn't feel like he was completely in the wrong.

"What did you want me to do? The guy was being unreasonable and was a massive dick. Did you expect him to talk about my family member like she's some brood mare and for me to be ok with that?" Naruto replied back.

Izumi could see that he was still upset about the situation. She sighed before she spoke to him in a calmer voice.

"Listen, I know Kyabetsu was being an asshole, talking about Karin-chan like that, and trust me, I didn't like that anymore than you did. I also didn't appreciate it when he talked about the massacre of my clan the way he did."

"Then why did you say nothing? When he brought up your clan... I wanted to kill him. How could you do nothing?" Naruto asked, though also in a much calmer tone, and much less defensively.