Genin Days Chapter 2: The Genin Exams

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 17: The Genin Exams

The next morning, At the Academy

Nervous Academy students filed into their seats.

"Alright everyone, today is the big day! I hope you all prepared hard for today, so you're able to show off everything you've been preparing for the last 5 years." Iruka began. "Well, you've all waited long enough, so let's not wait any longer. Let's start the exams! Mizuki!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 1: The Written Exam

Iruka's assistant began handing out the written exam to all of the students. He grabbed the bundles on the top of the stack, and handed them to each student, except for Narumi, who he gave a bundle from the bottom. It was one he had secretly casted a genjutsu over.

"Did anyone NOT get the questions? No one? Good. Now that everyone has their exams, you may BEGIN!" Iruka announced, and the students turned over their exams and began filling out blanks ferociously.

Narumi turned her paper around and saw questions she had never seen before.

'What the heck!? When did they teach us what atoms make up chakra conductive metal? Ok Narumi, calm down girl. What did Naruto nii-chan tell me to do when you don't know the answer to a question? Move on to the next one. Ok let's see... Wait what? What is the function of the spleen? Do they think I'm Obaa-chan? What the heck is wrong with all of these questions? I don't know any of these! I thought they said it was gonna be history! That's the only reason I spent 3 hours studying that crap!' Narumi's mind was panicking at the unexpected set of questions in front of her.

Mizuki watched the agonizing face of Narumi and smirked. That damn demon killed his family and thought it could live a happy life? Not on his watch.

2 Hours later...

"Alright everyone! Time's up! Pencils down! Put your pencil down Kiba!" Iruka yelled out.

Narumi looked down at her paper. It was mostly empty, with gibberish written down every once in a while, and some pretty drawings gracing the margins of the exam. She gulped. She was doomed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 2: Kunai and Shuriken Throwing

The class moved outside to the throwing range for the 2nd portion of the exam.

"Alright everyone. We'll have 5 people step up to the targets, 1 person per lane. We'll do the kunai first, and shuriken second. Lane 1 will throw 10 kunai first, and then Lane 2, and so on. Once they finish throwing their kunai, they'll go back to Lane 1 and start with the shuriken."

One by one, students began stepping up to the lanes to be tested in their throwing capabilities. Students came and went, some happy with their results, while some went back disappointed. After a few minutes of waiting and watching how others performed, it was finally Narumi's turn to get ready.

"Ami, Sasuke, Narumi, Kiba, Chouji! You guys are next!" Iruka called out.

Ami grabbed 10 kunai from Mizuki and went to Lane 1, while the others did the same and went to their respective lanes. She began throwing her kunai to the best of her abilities, but frankly her best wasn't all that much. She got a 4/10 for the kunai.