Genin Days Chapter 1: Preparing for Graduation

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 16: Preparing for Graduation

5 Years Later... (12 Years after Kyuubi Attack)

At the Academy

"Congratulations on getting this far, everyone." Iruka told his rowdy gang of students, who were now in their last year of the Academy. "Now, I know it's been a long journey, but there's one last obstacle to pass before any of you are considered real shinobi. The Genin Exams. I know I've been talking about it all semester, but now it's finally here. Next week, on Friday, we'll be holding the Genin Exams right here in this room."

The students in the room all began to stir with excitement, and they began looking at each other and sharing looks, communicating their thoughts with facial expressions and small body gestures. It had been 5 years of preparing to become shinobi of Konoha, and by next week Friday, they were going to finally become shinobi. It had been the hot topic of the class all semester.

"Now I'm going to give you a heads up on what's going to be on the exams, so you can all prepare for it during this coming week. We won't be giving you any homework this last week either, so I want you to use that extra time to train and prepare, ok? I don't want to see you messing around during that free time, and then come to me complaining after you fail the exams." Iruka informed and warned his students.

The students didn't want to hear any more of Iruka's nagging, so they motioned for him to continue.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm getting to the main point, so don't rush me. I just want to make sure you all understand how important this all is." Iruka told his impatient students. "Anyway, the exam will be divided in to 5 sections. The first will be the written portion, which will cover history and chakra theory. The second portion will be kunai and shurikenjutsu. The third will be physical fitness, where we'll test your endurance, strength, flexibility, agility, and reaction time with an obstacle course. The last 2 portions will take place after lunch. They will be the taijutsu test, and ninjutsu test, which are considered to be the main attraction of your exams. You may invite your parents to watch, and there will be several Jonin who will come to watch, and some of them may end up as your Jonin sensei, so make sure you come prepared."

The students began to stir again after Iruka finished his speech, sharing their thoughts on the exams. Iruka decided it was one of the last few times they would all gather like this and talk, so he decided to give them a few minutes to chat amongst themselves on the topic that was just discussed.

"I can't wait until Friday! Just watch me ace this exam and show all those dummies that I'm not a dead last loser! Can't wait to make them eat their words and leave this stupid, boring place behind me forever!" A fiery, redheaded girl exclaimed to her friends.

Sasuke just gave a smirk as a response, keeping his reaction minimal, though he too couldn't wait to prove himself.

Ino giggled at her redheaded friend's boisterous personality, though she couldn't help herself from stealing a few glances at her crush. A pink hair girl was also peeking over at Sasuke, and when her green eyes met Ino's teal ones, they began a stare-off and both decided to outdo the other and accepted each other's challenge, strangely communicating without any words.

Hinata's reaction was not as confident, and she felt nervous for the upcoming exams. What if she performed badly and dishonored her clan? Her father already deemed her a failure, and did not shy away from telling her how he felt. She was already practically excommunicated from her position as heiress, unofficially replaced by her younger sister Hanabi, who showed a lot more promise to her father. Hinata envied her friend's confidence. Even with all the setbacks that she faced, Narumi somehow was able to ignore them and remain confident that next time will be better.