Genin Days Chapter 3: The First Steps

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 18: The First Steps

At the Academy, On the Rooftop

The 3 members of Team 7 ran up the stairs to meet their new sensei. A multitude of thoughts and emotions were running through their minds. Naruto was their sensei? How? Wasn't he in the ANBU? Did he quit? What kind of team were they? What kind of sensei would he be?

They arrived at the rooftop, and saw Naruto sitting there with 3 bentos he had bought.

"Good. You've all arrived. Why don't you take a seat? Let's have some lunch as we introduce ourselves." Naruto instructed them, as he gestured for them to take their seats.

"You're really our sensei?" Narumi asked, still not sure if her brother was actually her sensei.

"Of course. Why? Not happy with the selection? I could ask to trade with Kurenai if you want." Naruto asked Narumi, though obviously not seriously.

"NO! No. Of course I'm happy to have you as my sensei, but aren't you busy with ANBU stuff? Will you be splitting your time between us and the ANBU?" Narumi asked as she opened up her bento.

"Oh. That? I quit ANBU. I'm gonna be giving you three all of my attention, so you don't have to worry about that." Naruto assured the three students.

"So now that we've cleared that up, why don't we move on to introductions?" Naruto suggested, as he began eating his bento. "Why don't you start, Narumi?"

The redhead kunoichi stopped eating. "Eh? But I'm your sister! You already know me! You know all of us! What's the point of this?"

"Well, some of it is formality, as I'm now your sensei, and not just your brother. On that note, when we meet as a team or on duty, I want you all to call me sensei, not nii-chan or nii-san. At other times you can call me whatever you feel most comfortable calling me. Anyway, the reason for the introductions is to formally let your team know who you are and what your goals are as a new shinobi. Your team will help you stay true to who you are, and help you achieve your goals. At least that's what I intend for this team to do, and that's why I chose you three out of all the Genin." Naruto informed his students.

"Wait, I thought the Hokage chose the teams? What do you mean you chose us?" Narumi asked.

"Oh, let's just say I pulled a few strings here and there." Naruto said with a small smile, as he thought about what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

"It's true. It is always easier to borrow, than it is to pay it back. I'll get them to see reason, don't worry." Hiruzen told Naruto.

"Of course, Hokage-sama. Though I do have a suggestion. How about I lower the debt or interest rate?" Naruto suggested.

Hiruzen perked up at the prospect. "And in return?"

Naruto gave the old man a mischievous smile. "I'd like a small favor."

The Third narrowed his eyes. "A favor? What did you have in mind?"

Naruto gave him a smirk. "Oh, nothing too major. I would like to be a Jonin sensei."