Genin Days Chapter 12: Mission to Taki Part 2

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 27: Mission to Taki Part 2

Back in Taki

The Genin of Team 7 and Fuu were at the swings Fuu had made for herself, near the outskirts of town.

"So, when do you think Kakashi-sensei will get here?" Sasuke asked as he leaned against the tree the swing was hung from.

"D-don't you think he'll be here s-soon?" Hinata replied as she sat on the grass and picked at the small flowers nearby. She didn't tell her friends outright, but she was scared at the fact that they were in foreign territory with nobody there to watch them. She hoped Kakashi would get here quickly.

"Bah, I doubt he'll get here that quick. From what I've heard from nii-chan, Kakashi-sensei is always late." Narumi replied as she swung on the swings, pushed by Fuu. "Besides, it's kinda nice just hanging out here with just us. We can do anything we want!" She then glared at Hinata. "If only Hinata-chan stopped being so stingy with the money!"

"Y-you know you didn't need so many of those s-stink bombs, Narumi-chan." Hinata replied. "Or the itching p-powder."

"But we have so much money! We can afford a few things for fun!" Narumi shouted back.

"We need to s-save it for emergencies. B-besides, we shouldn't do things that will get us in t-trouble." Hinata answered back.

Fuu giggled as she pushed Narumi on her swing, watching her friends have their little row. She definitely preferred this lively atmosphere over her lonely one, when she would have to resort to talking to bugs.

"Looks like there was a reason Naruto nii-san gave the money to Hinata, eh Sasuke-kun?" Fuu asked Sasuke.

"Hmm. If Narumi got the money, we would have lived like kings for the first two days, and then have to live in our tents for the rest of our time here." Sasuke replied.

He was still confused about the situation they were in. Jonin sensei usually never left their Genin alone like this in foreign territory. He wondered what Naruto was up to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Hokage Office

Naruto glared at the Hokage.

"Asked for me specifically, huh?" Naruto asked the old man.

Hiruzen chuckled. "Well, he did mention you by name. He asked specifically for Naruto and his team. Seeing as we can't afford to send an entire team, that leaves just you."

Zabuza was a little miffed at the situation as well. He had come to hire the legendary "Ghost Squad", but all he was getting was just one of its members. The Hokage had been very reluctant to say anything when Zabuza asked where the other members were, simply replying that he couldn't send a whole team and risk the other villages finding out that Konoha was involved.

"So, let me get this straight. I'll be going to help a civil war, alone." Naruto asked.

The Sandaime nodded.

"And I can't do anything, such as using any jutsu, that lets people, other than the leaders of the rebellion, know that I'm from Konoha?"

The Hokage nodded again.