Genin Days Chapter 16: The Bloodline Rebellion Part 2

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 31: The Bloodline Rebellion Part 2

At the Rebel HQ Docks

"Is everyone here?" Ao asked as he arrived with his 100 hand-picked shinobi.

Zabuza nodded. "Everyone else is already onboard. We're ready to leave once your men board the ship."

"Good." Ao commented as he nodded in approval. "Everyone, board immediately. Zabuza, was Naruto-san able to rig the ship with his reinforced sails?"

Zabuza replied with a nod. "All preparations are complete."

"Good. Let's set sail then. We don't have time to waste." Ao replied. Every minute they spent getting to Seagull Island was another minute the outnumbered rebel shinobi under Mangetsu would spend holding off a force that nearly outnumbered them 4 to 1.

A few minutes later, the ship left the docks.

"Naruto-san, when can we start traveling with your special way of traveling faster? If we continue to travel at this rate, it'll be too late." A concerned Ao asked Naruto.

"Give me a few minutes Ao-san. We need to get into deeper waters before I can use my jutsu." Naruto replied, asking for patience.

Ao was anxious to get to Seagull Island as soon as possible, but he had to wait for Naruto's timing. This whole operation hinged on Naruto's ability to get them there after all.

After a few minutes which felt like hours to Ao, Naruto, who had been watching the skies and the water, finally spoke up. "It's time. Have everything taken below deck or bolted down, and have all your men focus chakra on their feet or hold on to something stable to keep them on board."

"You heard him, everyone, hold on tight!" Zabuza yelled out, and the all the men except for the officers went below deck and began to focus chakra on their feet to anchor them to the ship.

Naruto created a shadow clone, who then leapt off of the ship, and stood on the water facing the ship, about 50 meters away.

"What is he up to?" Ao whispered to Zabuza.

Zabuza shrugged. "I dunno. But I guess we're about to find out real soon."

The clone of Naruto closed its eyes, and began to focus and summon up a huge amount of chakra.

The people on deck could feel the chakra, even if they weren't sensors.

Ao was amazed at the amount of chakra a mere clone was able to muster. "Th-this chakra! It's almost like I'm seeing Kisame again!" Ao marveled to himself.

The Naruto clone began to direct its chakra into the skies, saturating the air above it with its immense amount of chakra. Once the chakra was mixed into the atmosphere, the clone opened its eyes. "Futon: Jetstream Jutsu!"

A powerful stream of pressurized air was pulled from the air currents which circle around the planet, and directed into the sails of the ship, launching the ship at blistering speeds.

The clone mixed its own wind chakra with the natural air current to boost the ship's speed, until it puffed out of existence once all of its chakra ran out.

The masts of the ship creaked as the sails caught the hurricane force winds that were focused onto them, and carried the ship across the sea. The hull of the ship sometimes lifted out of the water and skipped along the surface of the water like a skipped stone, before sinking back into the water.