Academy Chapter 3: The Brewing Storm

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 7: The Brewing Storm

The Next Day

Naruto was at the ANBU lounge, hanging out with his team on some down time. His team, known as Team Omega, was the most renown, and feared ANBU team in the entire elemental continent. Each member was the cream of the crop in the ANBU force, and were captains of their own teams too. When together however, suicide, S-rank missions were completed as easily as any regular B-rank mission.

They were led by Hatake Kakashi, who wasn't the strongest amongst them, but the most experienced, and made the best calls. The rest of the team was comprised of Itachi and Naruto, and finally, a former ROOT ANBU who had forgotten his name, and went by Tenzo. Each of their own respective teams had flawless records as well, attesting to their individual leadership and skill. Together, Team Omega's teamwork and prowess was legendary.

Things looked good for the team, but Naruto had his concerns. Itachi had been acting strange lately. He seemed even more withdrawn than usual. His head was not in the game. Naruto wondered if it had something to do with Izumi, who Itachi had begun to date a few months ago, when she was promoted to Chunin. He waited until Kakashi and Tenzo left, and he and Itachi were alone.

"So Itachi, is everything ok? You've been acting kinda strangely recently. Everything alright with you and Izumi?" Naruto asked in concern.

"Yeah, everything is fine with Izumi. Though I do miss her. Wish she came back from her long-term mission soon." Itachi replied.

Izumi was starting to be noticed for her skills, as expected of an Uchiha, but what set her apart was her high emotional quotient, and ability to understand what other people felt and wanted, which was rare, especially for an Uchiha. Her unique combination of skill and personality led her to be selected more and more for missions that required a more sensitive touch. This meant she was often out of the village for weeks and months at a time.

"She'll be back before you know it. I'm sure her team will complete the mission soon. She's quite skilled after all. She's becoming more and more noticed for her skill ever since she became a Chunin." Naruto said to Itachi, hoping his strange behavior as of late was simply because he missed Izumi. He had a feeling he was wrong, and there was more, but he tried to ignore them.

"So, how's the fam? Did you talk to Sasuke about his first day of school?" Naruto continued, trying to get a feel for if anything else was troubling the stoic Uchiha.

"I did. He said it was boring at first, but something exciting happened." Itachi started.

"Really? Narumi didn't mention anything interesting happening. She said it was a boring, standard introduction. Though I don't know what she knows about standard. Not like she's been to any other school introductions before." Naruto mused.

Itachi began with a small smirk. "Sasuke mentioned during the class introductions that-"

"Naruto taichou!" one ANBU shouted out, interrupting Itachi mid-speech.

"What is it?" Naruto asked the ANBU who showed up with some sort of message.

Itachi's smirk deepened, having a feeling he knew what this was all about.

"Taichou, you've been summoned to the Academy." The ANBU told Naruto.

"The Academy? Summoned? Who the hell in the Academy has the right to summon me?" He asked, slightly irritated.