Genin Days Chapter 7: Mission to Wave Part 2

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 22: Mission to Wave Part 2

On the Road to Wave

Team 7 watched the demon brothers scramble off into the distance, stumbling over themselves to run away from Naruto before he changed his mind.

"Naruto-sensei, do you think it was a good idea letting them go? What if it comes back to bite us? Now they know who they're gonna be dealing with, and what we can do." Sasuke asked in concern. Team 7 had only been able to defeat them because of all of the unknowns and an element of surprise, and now the demon brothers were taking information back to the enemy.

Naruto gave him a smile of approval. "I like the way you're thinking. Information is the greatest asset in our profession, and really any other as well. That's why I always tell you guys to not show all your cards to your opponent, and to always have a few tricks or trump cards hidden up your sleeve."

"Then why did we let them go? Wouldn't it have been better if... you know... we killed them?" Sasuke asked his sensei.

Naruto chuckled a little at Sasuke's question. "Now, now. No need to be so bloodthirsty. I'm sure we'll get plenty of action down the road." Naruto told the Uchiha Genin.

"Besides, it's a gamble I'm willing to make that might make things a lot easier for us if things go as I expect."

Naruto ordered his team back into formation, as they prepared to get back on the move.

He turned around and looked Tazuna straight in the eye.

"From now on, I want you to be completely honest with us. No more lies or hiding anything from us. If anything happens to us from not having the information we need or if I find out you lied to us..." Naruto didn't need to finish that sentence. His look did it for him.

Tazuna felt his blood run cold as he gazed into Naruto's icy blue eyes that promised him pain of the likes he'd never experienced before. He gulped nervously and nodded.

"Good. I'm glad we understand each other." Naruto told Tazuna as he turned around and got back to his position at the head of their diamond escorting formation.

"Alright Team 7. Let's get this show back on the road."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The journey went on a lot more smoothly after that, and now that he saw what his protectors could do, Tazuna had a lot more faith in them, and was more relaxed and cooperative.

The whole party was in high spirits after the smooth handling of the incident, and the Genin were less stiff and a lot more confident than they were when the mission started. They kept their guard up however, now that they knew danger could strike from anywhere, at any time.

Naruto was glad he had trained his Genin properly on escort mission protocols, when he saw how professionally they handled themselves. Sure, they still continued their banter and even chatted with Tazuna to keep the trip from being boring, but he could see the vigilance in their eyes.

Hours later, the sun started to set. Naruto found a decent place to camp for the night in a small clearing in the woods nearby that would hide them from view from the road, yet was wide enough to let them see when enemies approached them, and not be taken off guard.