Academy Chapter 1: Narumi's Birthday

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks and Setting

Nope. Don't own Naruto. Any of it.

Chapter 5: Narumi's Birthday

7 Years after the Kyuubi Attack; 3 Years after Naruto's Induction as ANBU

"ONII-CHAN!"

Naruto was woken up by his little sister's shout and the excited pitter-patter of her little footsteps which rang throughout the hallway. He groaned as he turned in his bed, trying to protect his blue eyes from the rays of sunlight which threatened to wake him up for the day with finality, using his blanket to cover his face. Perhaps he could still go back to sleep. It proved futile when a red mass of excitement leapt up into the air and body slammed him.

"Onii-chan! It's my birthday! My birthday! I'm finally turning 7! You know what that means right? Right?" Narumi rattled out rapidly.

"Mhmm. Happy birthday Narumi-chan." Naruto drawled out in a voice still slurred by sleepiness as he rubbed the sleep off his eyes. He shouldn't have stayed up so late last night, but he had to get all the work out of the way to clear his schedule for today.

"Thanks! Now hurry up and get ready! I'm hungry Onii-chan, and you said I got to choose what we have for breakfast!" Narumi nagged as she jumped up and down on her brother's bed to wake him up.

"Fine, fine, I'm up." Naruto sighed as he resigned himself to his fate. Would it kill Kami if he got more than 6 hours of sleep for once? "Let me guess, Ichiraku's?"

"You know it! I'm already ready to go so you need to hurry up!" Narumi continued to pester Naruto as he started to change his clothes.

"Did you brush your teeth? Wash your face? That's what you're gonna wear outside?" Naruto went through her morning checklist.

"Yup, yup, and YUP!" Narumi replied with a wide smile, showing she was ready to go.

"Fine. Put on a jacket though. It's October. Chilly outside these days." Naruto advised her, similar to how his parents once did for him. "Also, you were planning to out with your hair like that?"

The little redhead gave a cute pout. "Hey! I was waiting for you to get your lazy butt up so you can brush my hair like you always do!"

Naruto chuckled. He loved to rile up his little sister. Her reactions were too cute. "Fine, fine, bring me your brush while I finish up getting ready."

A few minutes later, they were in the living room. Naruto sat on the couch with Narumi's brush as Narumi sat on the floor, with her back facing her older brother so he could brush her long, red hair.

"So, after breakfast at Ichiraku's what do you want to do?" Naruto asked as he brushed away. When Naruto wasn't away on missions, this is how they started their day, Naruto going over what he had for the day, and asking Narumi if she slept well, and asking about her plans for the day.

"Well, since the party starts at 5, I want to play with my friends until then. You think I can go to the rides at the festival this year?" Narumi asked her brother, hoping to receive affirmation.

"You can hang out with your friends for a bit after breakfast. But don't go to the festival. I want you to come back home by 4 though." Naruto told her, as he finished brushing her hair and pinned her bangs to the sides to frame her face. She looked just like Kushina when she was younger.