04 - Watch Your Tone, Doll.

Jungkook was busy with work. He had been working at the Phoenix club for about a week now. His main task was to handle the club's operating accounts but he helps with the foreign VIP guests too.

Jungkook was asked to dress sharply and well, attractively, on his first day itself. Jay seemed to have wanted to show him off to the VIPs of the club. Jungkook didn't really mind, as long as they kept their hands to themselves. Most of them were very polite and well-mannered, compared to Jay's men.

What Jungkook was having trouble with was working with the main accountant, Sehun. The guy was a rude and an obnoxious asshole and Jungkook could barely contain himself from punching him.

Sehun and his friend Kai never missed a chance to put Jungkook down, making rude remarks about how his boss seemed to be taking stray dogs in lately. Sometimes they even called him a beggar.

Jungkook gritted his teeth but didn't retaliate even once. He had worked so hard to be here and he didn't want to mess it up by fighting with boss's trusted men.

Jungkook had initially planned to pose as a wealthy businessman as he knew Jay's weakness was money. Well, money and power. But something about the way Jay looked at him that morning formed an idea in Jungkook's head, making him use this route. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision and so far, seemed like the best one.

It was not that hard to guess Sehun's and Kai's problem either. Kai had initially assumed Jungkook to be one of Jay's many play toys and both him and Sehun apparently wanted to have fun with Jungkook. Since that didn't happen and Jay practically included him in his circle, both were sort of disappointed.

So they are retaliating by calling names and belittling Jungkook. But since they are not directly addressing him, Jungkook can't do anything about it, no matter how annoying and frustrating it was.

If there was somebody that was even more annoying than these two, it was V. Or as Jungkook had come to know, Jay's personal play toy. V seemed to be popping up everywhere Jungkook went, making the latter even wonder whether V was stalking him.

V would always appear near him, specially when he was alone, wearing that annoying smirk. Then he would say something flirty or teasing, not to mention that awful pet name, pretty doll.

While Jungkook was sure about Kai and Sehun's reason for bugging him, he couldn't understand V's behaviour at all. But what's most unsettling about this situation was V's piercing eyes that seemed to be peaking deep into Jungkook's soul. And Jungkook was worried about just what the other might uncover.

_______________________________

The night club is to be opened in about one hours time and Jungkook wanted to do some preparations for the night so he was here a bit early. He knows that Sehun will not be there for at least another half an hour so he wanted to make good use of that peaceful time. But that thought went down the drain when he noticed V, who was leaning against their office room, looking bored as fuck.

V's face instantly brightened up when he looked up at the sound of Jungkook's footsteps. He gave that oh so familiar smirk as a welcome and Jungkook groaned internally.

"Hey pretty doll." V said in a flirtatious voice and Jungkook scoffed as a response.

"Stop calling me that!" Jungkook retorted annoyingly as he tried to unlock the door but couldn't, since V was half covering the lock with his body.

"I think the name suits you." Taehyung hummed, as if he's deep in thought. "You're so fucking pretty, just like a doll."

Jungkook looked down and let out a deep breath, trying to tone down the anger that seemed to be bubbling up right now. He took a few breaths to calm down before raising his head again to look at V.